A few days ago, I read someone's list of their top 10 pleasures of life. The list consisted of many simple pleasures that give meaning to our lives. But since I am always thinking in terms of sewing and just recently fulfilled one of my sewing dreams, I amended the list to be "Ten of Life's Sewing Pleasures!"
And mine are:
10. Reading about someone's sewing success and getting inspired to sew!
9. SewingWorld and Patternreview - reading, chatting, experiencing the sewing community
8. Sharing sewing techniques with my daughter.
7. The hum of my sewing machine when I am in the middle of a sewing project.
6. The swish of my scissors cutting through a new piece of fabric.
5. The calm I feel as I submerge myself in a new sewing project.
4. Finishing garments on my sewing list!
3. Perfecting a new technique
2. Finding a wonderfully glorious new piece of fabric to add to my collection.
Wearing a new garment that fits well, makes me feel beautiful and knowing that I made it with my own two hands!
Now I know that there are some of you out there who are as obsessed with sewing as I am. So do you have a list of sewing pleasures? Have you taken the time to think about what gives you sewing pleasure? If not, why don't you spend some time today and make your own list to cherish! Take some time to appreciate your talent and what makes you special!!!! And then, enjoy your sewing journeys today ~ okay!
Have a glorious sewing day!!!! *smile*