Sunday, September 30, 2007

CC Inspiration Jacket ~ Update

I cut the jacket out from the boucle fabric using my TNT pattern Vogue 2285 which is out of print. This jacket is going to take a little work because, I need to figure out exactly where I want the ribbon trim to start and finish. I can't find a picture of the back of the jacket at Coldwater Creek so I am going to have to wing it.

Also after some thought I realized that I would need to fuse some interfacing to the fabric and to add a double layer of interfacing to the areas where I will make the buttonholes for the ribbon to pass through. I want to make sure that the area is stabilized so that the buttonholes don't gap with wear.

The other change I made to the jacket was the sleeves...since the inspiration photo has three quarter sleeves with bows that will not make it onto my version! I used the sleeve from Vogue 8209 as a guide for making the slit sleeve and added a facing so that I can fold it back. I am also adding a lining to the jacket. I don't want facings from the fabric because I think it will be too bulky with the ribbon trim. So add that to the fold back facings from the sleeves and I have my work cut out for me!

I have no pictures yet but wanted to give a progress report since this is not rolling out of the sewing nook this weekend. However, I have started it and will show pics as soon as I get it completed. I love fall clothes but they take so much more time and effort to get them ready for prime time viewing and wearing out into the public!

7 comments:

  1. well, can't wait to see it, a photos is always worth a thousand words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the result, Carolyn! I love that idea of ribbon threaded through buttonholes.
    Have fun with your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you in the fact that fall/winter clothes take so much more time than summer items. But usually they're more of a challenge too.
    We just wait to see the results when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell already; this is going to be a fantastic jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the photos. Your jacket plans sound lovely. Have fun with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good line: ready for prime time viewing.
    Glad to hear that progress is being made.
    I'm sad...no visits...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit will be amazing! The new Coldwater Creek catalog has the same jacket again, different color. I'd love to make one also, but I'm afraid of buttonholes in boucle...maybe you will provide the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails