Thursday, March 06, 2008

So this is how it started...

My day that is...


I finally wore this twinset to work with one of my four pairs of black wool crepe pants! I know you are wondering what took me so long to wear it but I really only think of this as a "Casual Friday" outfit. Today was going to be a low-key day and I thought I could get away with it! It must have been low-key because now that I think about it every female except the Accounting Manager came in today with a twinset on...but I digress...on with the rest of my day...

I get off the A Train at Columbus Circle and head towards the Universal Newsstand and Dunkin' Donuts - I love their hot chocolate! I was going to the newsstand because I still don't have a March BWOF in my hot little hands and the owner promised they would be in today - NOT! However, they did have this:


And yes Marji I have one for you too!

And this:


Ohmygosh, the designers entire collections are in here...this is the London version so tomorrow I will be looking for the American version along with the elusive March BWOF...

After satisfying my magazine thirst, I mosey on down to DD and then with a heavy magazine bag, a medium hot chocky...I am off to the day job. Halfway through the morning, this shows up in my personal email account:

"Hey Carolyn,
Have you ever seen white on white seersucker?"

Now have you ever received an email that totally changes the course of your day?! How could 8 little words have me taking orders and spending way more time than I should on my cellphone during my lunch hour at Metro Textiles buying fabric!

Yeap, those words set a ball in motion that rolled down a hill and took prisoners...and you know who you are...cause being a L-A-D-Y, (said in my best Martin Lawrence/Shanana voice!) I'm not naming names but lets just say that Kashi was more than thrilled to fill my fabric orders today!

All of this fabric bonding did make my afternoon fly and before I knew it I was crammed on the bus hurtling down the NJ Turnpike towards home. I finally got a chance to peruse the Marfy catalogue and wonders of wonders there is a plus size jacket included in the free patterns! One that I should definitely try to make for spring...I really need to lose that Marfy virginity...hehehehehe!



Off the bus and home....groceries haven't been delivered yet...dang! I really didn't want to help put them away...snap a few pics in the outfit because I did look good! *LOL* And remember that another friend has been B-U-G-G-I-N-G me for pics of the fabric I bought at Paron's last Saturday....

Oh yeah, true confession time, I was in the city last Saturday with my youngest DD 'cause sometimes she just.must.shop at Macy's Herald Square...and we stopped at Parons on 40th Street just long enough for her to send a coupla text messages and take 2 or 3 phone calls. I mean a teenager's social life does not stop for luscious fabrics...y'know what I mean!

So I bought 4 yards of this silk black/white border print - just because it is beautiful...


And I got this ltwt silk print to use as lining fabric...


Okay pics all snapped...description up and blogged...I'm off to watch Lost!

29 comments:

  1. You look great Carolyn!! That black and white silk is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Where I work, people would consider that quite formal(but again, we have had a running battle against flipflops as well), but each place has their own "line in the sand" as to what constitutes "business casual". No matter what, the twin set looks lovely - and you look terrific in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post - the bit about teenager daughters made me laugh (I have two - one even has 2 cell phones!!!). How did we oldies survive our teenage years without cell phones, Ipods, laptops, Myspace and the like!

    And what have we got....the internet, online fabric shops, friends all over the world....ok, must go and clean my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, love the black and white border print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fab in your new twinset, and I *love* that B&W border print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great - low key, but still chic. I LOVE that b/w border print and the Marfy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a wonderful outfit. Love the use of the border print.
    And for me too the recognition of the teenage kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous in your twinset! I really like the border-print silk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your twin set looks so good, you look really good, it sounds like you had a great day, there is nothing like a little shopping for sewing stuff inbetween/befor and after work, ask me how I know, lol
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. That twin set and black pants!!! Baautiful. The last time I had a chance to read your blog, you weren't doing much sewing. Looks like that phase is over! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dahling!!! You look marvelous!!! Great twinset. Love, love, love the new silk fabric!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore that twinset, you used that border great and the colours look beautiful on you.
    And that black and white silk is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes you're right, you did look good in your twinset! It was fun to read about your day. Seemed like I was there walking along with you. I like the colours in the silk print you got for lining fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my what ogrgeous fabric. I love you in your twin set! Work clothes are so fun to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the twinset looks fabulous on you!
    and did we mention how much we LUV you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. how could I forget to comment on the lovely new fabrics from Parons?
    you are going to have the best lined wardrobe in all of NYC...but I have to tell you, the border print neutral is TDF.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your twin set looks beautiful on you. I love what you did with the border. I bet you were the most unique one in your office. And that is why we sew. ;) I thought all the fabric stores were closed in the garment district on Saturday. And now you say they aren't huh? This is good to know when I take my trip there sometime this spring...or summer. Anyway it will be sometime this year.

    And those teenage daughters - what is with the texting? My DD would rather text me than call. At least I am learning to be succinct and proficient at texting as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful, Carolyn! And I love the print lining fabric. You ARE going to have the best-lined wardrobe in NYC. That border print is pretty nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm drooling over the twinset, when you first mentioned doing a twinset, I went in search of a pattern and found one, but have yet to match fabric to it. Annnnd... I'm still drooling - over the silk black/white border print fabric. DD & cell phone = my dd was with me last nite at Joann supposedly helping me, but she kindly took a seat and proceeded to entertain someone on her cell...lol. So I ended up leaving without fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that twin set. It turned out fabulous. Are you telling me that you think it's too nice for casual Fridays or not quite casual enough? I'm confused - but it doesn't take much these days! g

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your twin set is fantastic and I wish I could shop with you! Love the fabric you bought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The twin set looks terrific on you, Carolyn. And the black and white border print is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The color of that twin set is perfect on you! As always, you look marvelously put together. Are the other ladies in your office jealous, as they should be?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your twinset looks fantastic. It looks great with the black pants. The whole outfit is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your twinset and the fabric is to gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look gorgeous in your outfit! I love the contrast with the black trousers, it really enhances the colors and the print of the twinset! This post was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wait..wait...Marfy makes a magazine?? How did I miss ever hearing about this??!!??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails