Here is a pic of the finished jacket over a tank top and a pair of black linen pants from my closet:
Changes to the pattern:
~Added a center back seam
~Added topstitching - alot, alot of topstitching to the jacket using the Saddle Stitch on my Janome 8000 - Stitch #17.
~Added patch pockets to the front of the jacket instead of the inseam side pockets with the pocket flap on the side. Also added buttonholes and buttons to the pockets
~Added more buttons to the front of the jacket than what is suggested
~Normal bicep alteration to the sleeve; created a longer sleeve band due to the bicep alteration
~Inserted an inch to both the front & back pieces by slashing and spreading
Jacket inside out so you can see the finishing...rayon seam tape bound seams
Topstitching on sleeve
Yoked front with button
Jacket hanging and buttoned
A back view:
The next piece that I'm working on is the pants. Then I think I am going to work on a different dress...well the dress will go with this collection but it was not in the original plan. The McCalls dress will also stay in the collection, I just got an idea for something a little different and I wanted to include it. The pieces in the collection are a little fluid right now! *smile*
However, this is a great jacket and will work with many other pieces in my wardrobe. I don't know if I will make it again because it is pretty distinctive. Also each blouse/top will have to be carefully considered before construction because the neckline is pretty wide on the jacket and it will be important to strike just the right balance. So I did use a new pattern and hopefully New Look will grade more of their patterns up to a size 22 or larger.