Sunday, July 19, 2009

No sewing here

...but a whole lot of planning! And a little pre-washing of the next set of fabrics...

I didn't really feel like sewing this weekend...and at some point I realized that the last two garments for the Gelato collection were add-ons and not in the original plan. So if I get to them, I get to them...if not, that's good too!

Besides working out the plan for the start of my fall sewing...I also pulled and prewashed all of the fabrics for "The Pumpkin Seed" collection which I will start making next weekend!



Here's a little intro to the collection:

"The Pumpkin Seed Collection is a set of garments under one banner portending the seeds of change. The collection looks forward to gentler days and cooler nights...the shedding of leaves and the first touch of frost...it's for that transitional period where its summer one day and fall the next. The colors and the pieces will work for anything the weather may throw at me..."

The garments are:

1. Pumpkin Orange Linen - McCalls 5007 jacket with brown topstitching, TNT lined sheath dress and lined straight skirt.

2. Blue/Orange floral linen from 4 gore TNT bias cut skirt

3. Corally orange & beige polka dot silk in a vintage Simplicity dress pattern

4. Liz Claiborne orange print with pumpkin linen accents in McCalls 5620 dress pattern

5. Orange/green multi print dress using Simplicity Pattern 2958

I know the plan is heavy on dresses but this is perfect dress wearing weather and I plan to make use of every minute of it!

...as always, more later!

12 comments:

  1. Great fabrics, patterns and title. Can't wait to see all your garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yum! I would so love to be a ble to wear orange! I will wear it vicariously(sp?) through you and watch your collection come together! I love how you always name your collections and how you usually make a 'wardrobe' of clothes that all mix and match - inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making collections! I love that! I read about that approach in a magazine some time ago, but I forgot where. Seeing it in your blog reminded me what a good idea "collections" are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next to green, orange is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh--I LOVE fall and those fall colors. I come alive in the fall. Beautiful trees and falling leaves that crunch when you walk. That's what I see in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many dresses! Orange fabrics are just too delicious, aren't they?! And they should be especially great on you with your gorgeous skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors. Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely yummy fabric choices. How about that brown they are laying on? That is pretty cool too!

    Congratulations on 200 followers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful colors! There was a very nice article about Michelle Obama's fashion in this morning's Miami Herald. The columnist's last word was that we should all wear yellow in a recession. I immediately thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the colors and the way you describe your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! And you are getting in early too. when I get back to sewing maybe I could start on Fall too and be VERY early...lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. pumpkin is a beautiful color and I am sure you will do wonders with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails