I didn't really feel like sewing this weekend...and at some point I realized that the last two garments for the Gelato collection were add-ons and not in the original plan. So if I get to them, I get to them...if not, that's good too!
Besides working out the plan for the start of my fall sewing...I also pulled and prewashed all of the fabrics for "The Pumpkin Seed" collection which I will start making next weekend!
Here's a little intro to the collection:
"The Pumpkin Seed Collection is a set of garments under one banner portending the seeds of change. The collection looks forward to gentler days and cooler nights...the shedding of leaves and the first touch of frost...it's for that transitional period where its summer one day and fall the next. The colors and the pieces will work for anything the weather may throw at me..."
The garments are:
1. Pumpkin Orange Linen - McCalls 5007 jacket with brown topstitching, TNT lined sheath dress and lined straight skirt.
2. Blue/Orange floral linen from 4 gore TNT bias cut skirt
3. Corally orange & beige polka dot silk in a vintage Simplicity dress pattern
4. Liz Claiborne orange print with pumpkin linen accents in McCalls 5620 dress pattern
5. Orange/green multi print dress using Simplicity Pattern 2958
I know the plan is heavy on dresses but this is perfect dress wearing weather and I plan to make use of every minute of it!
...as always, more later!