Friday, November 13, 2009

Late on Friday evening...

It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get out of Manhattan tonight!  The traffic was horrid due to the rain...and instead of spending my time thinking about sewing...I slept!  What is it about the sound of the rain, a nice warm seat and the rocking of the bus that puts me to sleep every time! *LOL*

This is a mishmash of thoughts from the day so here goes:

First, thanks to everyone who wrote and told me about what they hate.  It was fun to read.  If you haven't had a chance to read the comments, please do.  You will probably recognize something you hate too!

Second, there was a question on the last post:
Sewuptight asked, "I would be interested in knowing what tools you have that you don't use."

Ummm, I use all of them!  I think they've been used for various tasks at one time or another.  The thing is to make yourself use the gadgets, not just collect them.  You will be surprised at how much easier a task is if you use the proper tool.  Now as an addendum to that...I am no longer phased by ALL new gadgets.  I truly look at whether said tool will enhance my sewing abilities or enhance the wallet of the seller.  If I believe it will work for me ~ then and only then will I purchase it.

So what about you?  Do you have any tools that you don't use?  And why?

Third, I have a confession...

I haven't worn either of the last two outfits that I just made.  Nope...neither one!  One reason is because the gray jacket/dress combo definitely works well for those days that we have important meetings one after the other...days upon days...weeks upon weeks!  Of course, now that the combo is finished...I don't have any meetings scheduled.  And the dress...I don't know why I haven't worn it!  *sigh*  I think I thought I would have had the black'n white plaid dress from The Cardigan Series finished by now...and of course I don't.  In my head I was seeing a week of all new work gear...so maybe next week.

Also, thank you for all of your very kind comments about both outfits.  Being the comment 'ho that I am, the positive and reaffirming comments mean so much to me!  Shallow, right?  I know!  *LOL*

Lastly, I've been stalking the mailbox again.  I found this pattern at Lanetz Living while surfing the internet from bed when I was suppose to be recuperating...




I'd never seen this pattern before...and I loved the jacket with the Peter Pan collar!  How kewl is it!?  I even know what fabric I want to use to make it...and I was hoping that it would be in the mailbox this evening.  I even stopped in the downpour to check...but no luck!  As Scarlett says, "Tomorrow is another day!"

And with that I'm signing off...it's getting late here and I need to rest so that I can sew this weekend.  I've got dresses to make so that I can have my week of new work gear to wear! *LOL*

...as always more later!




8 comments:

  1. I had that pattern when it first came out! It was great. I am not a Peter Pan collar gal at all though. I made the plain neckline. It was one of my in-the-office-day staples when I was in high-tech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweater set. I'm not a Peter Pan collar girl either but I like the plain cardi. And the shell and T are TDF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should post about tools you don't use. I found a sewing machine foot in my supplies that I must have bought, but I have no clue what it is for or how to use it. I think I will post it on my blog for assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're better and it didn't take too long to recuperate. Though your find while doing that is lovely, great pattern.
    Just can't find a tool that I'm using very often: my blind hem foot. Not only for blind hems, but also accurate edgestitching. After doing without for several weeks now, think I have to go and buy a new one. Thought I would find it when I moved my sewing room to another floor recently, but am afraid it must have gotten in the waist bin accidentally.

    Have a great sewing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is any consolation it is also absolutely pouring with rain here in London, quite torrential! I love that pattern, I think jackets that have a less structured style are nice. The Peter Pan collar is great and I also really like the no collar, contrast edging version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you think about it... if you were surfing the web... finding the cute jacket... you were recuperating!!! I mean, you probably were not thinking about being sick! Right! So... relaxing... although, getting somewhat excited about the neat pattern you found probably didn't help your bloodpressure any ... but we understand! What's not to like!
    Be happy it's raining! We got "snow" today! Although, it was very pretty for really the first snow that stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Peter Pan collars. But I'm a jacket ho - I really love any kind of jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely use my bias tape maker and the various feet for my sewing machine.

    I like that pattern and that style is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails