....or how to turn a simple skirt into a major production! *LOL*
This afternoon Marji sent me another drawing to emphasize her lining point....and she got me thinking...and since I have the fashion fabric cut out, I decided to baste it up and check the fit...here's the unlined front (without the waistband):
and here's the unlined back (again sans waistband):
This is why I used my TNT pattern for this skirt...I have 4 small darts across the back to gently emphasize my behind. I know this works well for me and I'm liking how it looks. I even like how the drape looks in the front.
After basting this together and seeing the pics, I've now got another idea for how to make this skirt my own! *LOL* This version will be made up as Burda suggests...but I AM making this again. I will use my regular skirt back and add an invisible zipper. For the front I will pin the drape and baste it down. Then I will add my regular waistband so that I can unzip and step into the skirt.
The reason for the change is because I like the drape on the front of the skirt, it's different from your normal pencil skirt. However, I'm not sure that I like the way the Burda skirt closes especially on me...and since I NEVER tuck anything in you won't see the button finish at all. I think the revised version will work better for me. So this will be the last update...the next post on the skirt will show you the finished skirt(s).
I have to admit that this has been an interesting adventure. I have a better idea of what I'll face making the Burdastyle dresses...and I really think I'm going to make at least one of the three...now that I can face the tracing out!
...and as always, more later!