Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm a Material...Material Girl!

...to use a line from a Madonna song...*LOL*

Last week found me making a few purchases...I mean besides my new baby!

I got this amazing piece of fabric from Melody at Fashionista Fabrics:



I can't wait to have some time to sew it up!  I know exactly what I want it to be!

Then I read a post on Gertie's blog about plus size sewists and vintage patterns.  One of the resources she mentioned was GremlynGirl.  She had some cute patterns so I surfed over to look and these found their way to my apartment:


I really wanted this one! 
I've got a thing for raglan sleeves and pinstripes this winter...


I thought that the additional inserts was kewl...especially if I used a pinstripe and manipulated it.  Corporate yet different...


This one made the cut because if you buy 3,
you get free shipping.
And I really liked the neckline on the dress.

I think I'm going to have to make that one of my goals for 2010...to sew more of the vintage patterns that I've accumulated!

I also ordered one of the Boudour of Bliss Hotpatterns - specifically the Trousseau Nightgown and Robe (I'm going on vacation - a real one, not a sewing one - in February and I need a new nightgown and robe) alongwith the Riveria Boulevard Cardigan Jacket which I was inspired to try after seeing Debbie's.  I can't wait for them to arrive!

I've been really good these last few months with fabric accumulation...I haven't bought much yardage and it's probably because my fabric closet is overflowing...I'm running out of space.  But on Saturday I did purchase a few more yards of the Vera Wang Lavendar Collection from Fabric.com - it's 60% off people - as well as a few basic wool/lycra blends from the Ralph Lauren Collection - it's also 60% off ~ as in $3.99 per yard.  So go over and buy something...don't forget if you have $35 in your shopping cart it ships for free.

As you know I did no sewing last weekend...the Knicks game was fantastic, btw!  I will finish up my Burda skirts this weekend as well as start on some Christmas presents I hope.

...and as a Parting Shot (thanks Summerset for letting me borrow it!)...here is the beginning of the snowfall last Saturday evening:



I'm just not ready for this I tell you...just not ready!

...as always more later!

16 comments:

  1. Oohhh...I love that fabric! The pattern is fantastic. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! At first I thought your fabric picture was a rushing stream. Gorgeous.

    I made the HP Cardigan jacket as well. It's on an earlier blog post of mine if you want to take a look. I am really happy with it, and I am a beginner sewer, so I am sure you will have no problems.

    Thanks for the fabric sale heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do NOT miss winter in NJ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the soft gathers in the neckline on that Butterick! I hope we get to see it made up, or the neckline detail with your TNT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is wonderful! I can't wait to see it made up! I also love the vintage patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing that fabric worked up... will it be a dress or cardigan set... dying to know.

    Now off to checkout Fabric.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is gorgeous - I love those beautiful colours. And what great vintage patterns - I always love it when patterns I've ordered arrive in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! That a great theme song for you. You certainly enjoy your collection and make lovely things, why not add to it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put the studded snows on the car early this year, because last year it snowed in October, but the show wouldn't stay away any longer. *Sob!*

    At least in your condo complex someone else shovels. And you don't have to yell at your kids to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fabric is awesome...

    The patterns you picked are "you".
    I can definitely see you in these garments. Wonderful choices.

    I was hoping our first snow would go away, but no chance of that, it stayed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh can't wait to see what you do with the vintage patterns.

    I say bring on the white stuff: snow day = sew day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Snowy weather and love the lights and buildings in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited that you are getting to take a REAL vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet eye candy. Chicago has had a couple days of snow fall and now it is 2 degrees windchill -20 degrees. I didn't get enough summer weather. So you can imagine how I feel about the cold and snow..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking fabric and love the vintage patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. t least in your condo complex someone else shovels. And you don't have to yell at your kids to do it!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails