Thursday, December 03, 2009

New Sewists Thursdays Hiatus

I've attempted several times to write a coherent post for today's New Sewists Thursdays post.  And even though I started something ~ I haven't been happy with it.  And it made me realize that I'm not having fun writing these posts anymore. 

When I first started this series, I couldn't wait for Wednesdays to write out Thursdays post.  I had guest bloggers lined up and I had ideas.  But lately, it's seemed more like a chore...*sigh*  So I'm going to put these on hiatus for now.  See I've been blogging for 3 almost 4 years...and I truly like it.  It offers a release from my stressful day job and allows me to have conversations about something I'm very passionate about with people from all over the world. I want to continue to love doing this and sharing my sewing adventures. 

I will add some of the earlier fabric posts that I wrote to the New Sewists Thursdays category and when I feel like it again, I will add another post from time to time.  However, there is so much more that I want to say regarding sewing and I want to be able to share without pressure.  

To all of those who've looked forward to these posts, I hope you will keep reading my blog and ask questions.  I also hope that by reading my blog and other sewists blogs that you will continue to learn about this artform and enjoy it as much as we do!

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm looking forward to it for several reasons but mostly because its the day before Saturday.  The beginning of the weekend which will allow me time to finish my versions of the Burda Skirts!

...as always, more later!

15 comments:

  1. Carolyn, I know exactly what you mean! Every time I start a series of posts on my blog, I get bored with it halfway through and then feel guilty for not writing it. Blogging is supposed to be fun and stress-relieving, like you said. I applaud your decision to do what feels right for you. And I know you'll continue to provide lots of inspiration for new sewists even without these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you! I hope you continue to find the joy in blogging. I am constantly amazed and what blogging has brought to my life. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ever so much for your regular postings here . . . I look forward to them, and appreciate how much time it must take for you to do these! Have a fabulous sewing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can appreciate your thoughts on it becoming tedious, and deciding to postpone posts for now. But, it has been great and I, for one, learned new things every time and I am not neessarily a beginner. But I always look forward to your blog and frequently learn something new from many of you more advanced sewing bloggers. If you get a chance, visit my blog, need some input on S2473, posts have some questions on how should I proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, you don't need a New Sewist Thursday to spread the sewing gospel, you do it every day. Don't feel guilty about dropping it and just go on with the blog. I'm looking forward to the Burda skirt final so happy sewing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've already done a fantastic job of motivating both new and old sewists!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn,
    it is a delight to read everything you post.
    Barrie in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you recognized the problem before it discouraged you more. As everyone has said, you inspire us with each and every post, and I when I have time to read only one blog, I always read yours. Thank you for all your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's your party. From the old-school days of Digital Underground...doowhatchalike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn, we all enjoy your posts so much. You post whenever, whatever you want. It's your party, and you blog when you want to ;-)...Happy Weekend (sewing, I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know this is so normal - and to take a break will only keep this fresh and fun not only for you but for those of us who read this. Rest on and you'll come up with a lot of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Carolyn. If it begins to feel like a chore, you won't continue with your blog. And that would be a big loss to all of us who learn so much from you. Thanks so very much for taking the time to share with us so frequently.
    Cissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learn new things from your blog every time I visit. When you're excited about a project it passes on to me through your words and I am always inspired. Thank you for sharing your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In a way, you did write a New Sewists Thursday entry - just substitute "sewing" for "writing a post". It seems we all have times when the sewing mojo vanishes. It's good to take a break now and then, I've enjoyed what you've written in the past, and often learn tips/hints/ideas from your regular posts. Taking a break from the New Sewists series could be compared to taking a break from sewing to clean up/organize the sewing room, or just sitting down with favorite magazine (or favorite inspiration website) and just thinking a while. Besides, as others pointed out - it's your blog, write what (or if) you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carolyn, I learn a lot by reading your other posts. The "New Sewists" posts are just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails