Can you believe it's December already? Only 30 more days until 2011...time is speeding by!
This post is odds and ends, bits and pieces...first a little housekeeping...
1. I've turned anonymous comments back on. All I ask is that you sign your name to your post.
2. I fully understand that the opinions I write aren't shared by everyone. Please don't feel as if you need to agree with me. If you write something that takes different position from mine, as long as it's civil & doesn't contain vulgarity, it won't be deleted. I love a good discussion.
Next...there were several comments about how my last dress evolved. So I decided to walk you step by step through my creative process.
* First, I saw several pictures of the Beyonce dress.
* They really reminded me of the Burda dress.
* Thus the Powerpoint picture linking the two dresses together.
* When I pulled out the pattern, I remembered that BeeBee suggested on the Stitcher's Guild board, Burda Style Magazine 2, that I should color block the dress.
* Realized that a black & white dress would work great and that maybe some of the scraps from the failed Vogue 9666 dress would make a great work dress.
* Began the process of making the dress...
I have to tell you tho' that I've thought maybe I should have worked on some of the pieces from The Pinstripe Follies collection. I am so a knock out the pieces girl...long involved garments bore me and I never feel like I've accomplished much if I don't have several garments to show for the time I'm off from work.
Which leads in a very convoluted way to a month end review...
I finished three garments in November ~ the Birthday Gala dress, the Simplicity 2958 jacket and the color blocked Burda dress. The Birthday Gala dress was very involved and even though I wore it proudly, after the party it was assigned to the back of the closet. I don't really like it and it's not project fatigue...it's just a nice dress that was made for a specific purpose that I probably won't ever wear again. However, I love the Simplicity jacket and it wore well at work so I will make it again just with a better lining insertion! And of course, the burda dress has become a TNT, so expect more versions of it.
This of course leads to my year end review...yes I will be doing one. *smile* Since the end of the year is fast approaching, I've been thinking alot about the sewing I've done this year and what I want to learn and sew next year. All of these things will show up on the blog this month...
Finally, have you seen the giveaways on the Vogue, Butterick, McCalls pattern sites? Club BMV is giving away fabric every Monday. Last Monday - Nancy who authors the SewWest blog won! So if you are a Club BMV member check it out! And the McCalls/Butterick sites are doing a 25 Days Giveaway which seems to be open to anyone!
...as always, more later!