Monday, August 01, 2011

July End of the Month Recap

July is always a good sewing month for me.  I've looked back in the little notebook where I chart my sewing progress and except for September...I always do the most sewing in July.  I guess it's because this is the height of summer sewing and things just go together much faster...or maybe it's because it's light so long that even if I go out during the day on the weekend...there still seems to be time to sew when I get home. 

I don't know if any of the reasons listed above are the reason why but historically I sew 7-8 garments during the month of July and this year I sewed 9.  Five dresses, two skirts, one jacket and one cardigan.  Four of the dresses are from new patterns...this must be a record for me because only one dress was from my TNT pattern!  Both skirts were quick and easy but added a bang to both my work and casual wardrobe.  And this month I sewed for both my work and casual wardrobe...again this must be a first!

I have two favorite garments from the month:


The Vogue 1179 dress


and my Rachel Dress

both will be made again...because I already know that I want a Rachel dress from wool crepe for fall/winter. 

We just won't talk about how much fabric I bought this month...so much that I am calling a 30 day moratorium...that too seems to be a July problem!!! *LOL* I know that I sew alot but there is no way that I'm sewing as fast as it's arriving so I definitely need a cooling off period! 

I'm headed into August thinking 6pac sewing and maybe another Vogue 9245 dress or two.    During the week, I am pretreating fabrics so that I'm ready to make the first fabric cut this weekend...

Finally, thanks to everyone who's left a comment on the blog recently.  I've appreciated each and every one!

When I went back and looked at the posts for 2009 and 2010, I realized that I had a picture of the Little Prince as "The Parting Shot"...I've updated this post to include one of him now...walking, talking and getting into everything!  His favorite movies are the Alvin and the Chipmunk series and he can sing along to them.  He is more than a handful and will be 2.5 in September!



...as always, more later!

20 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Congrats on a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recaps. It really does make sense to look back and see what the accomplishments were for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What a charmer! The Little Prince is #1 in my book

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - he really is a little prince! What a doll.

    Okay - those are great dresses. I love both of your favorites, but honestly, i love the vogue that you linked to in your flickr photos. That's is a fabulous dress. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Prince is such a cutie! You had a great July, I probably matched you on the fabric purchases but my sewing output has been disastrous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Little Prince is so cute!! What an awesome month you had. It's good to look back to see what we have achieved. Somehow, for me, I don't think there is much point it was a disastrous month on the sewing front.

    These are great dresses but my favourite is the Vogue 9245 on your flickr page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say the black and white Vogue dress is one of my favorites and your grandson....too cute for words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most beautiful child, and has "full of beans" written all over his face. Thanks for sharing such a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Rachel dress sure is a stand out. You are very prolific,if I kept track of my finished garments it would only depress me. But having said that, I will be very happy today for the outing of the V1250.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an inspiration. And your little prince is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are always an inspiration. I am headed to my sewing room right now! Was most inspired by V9245 as a great transition knit... Like how you extended the sleeves. It seems to be out of print. Did you ever review it? I am going to JAs this weekend for the Vogue $3.99 sale and will look for something similar. Thank you very much for all the wonderful sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW. DO. YOU.DO.IT?? How do you manage to create such wonderful garments in a month? Do you so sew for anyone else? Perhaps that's my problem and I'm beginning to feel resentful. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew you'd been crankin' out those dresses in record speed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a productive sewing month and the little one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very productive month, and congrats on working out all those new patterns! I am having the "buying more than sewing" problem lately, too. Must work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not bad for July and that Prince is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails