Sunday, August 28, 2011

The sun is shining...

...the winds are gently blowing...Irene has gone on to visit others...and still no sewing!  *LOL*

I was lucky.  I didn't lose power during the worse of the storm last night or this morning...however, my Mom did and then her basement sump pump stopped working so when I got there this morning at 9am, there was at least a foot of water in her basement.

After spending a few hours in my apartment...I only live 5 minutes up the road from her...we went back to find the power on and the sump pump slowly doing it's job.  Another hour's wait and we were able to get into the basement and mop up all the leftover water.  Of course, we will need to go through a few boxes that even tho' they were raised up off the floor, managed to get wet!

So I'm finally back home and I'm tired...so no sewing for me.  However, I did discover that the next town over from me is totally flooded and the highway by me is also flooded...unless the waters recede tonight, I won't be able to get to work on the bus tomorrow...gosh...I'm soooo sad about that! ;)

...as always, more later!

21 comments:

  1. I am glad it's over for without real disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUcky NY missed the worst - still sounds like quite a few people have perished. sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was without power for over 12 hours.. And still stuck in my apartment because the roads are closed.
    I know I won't be working tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you didn't experience any real disaster. My youngest daughter in CT was evacuated and she's been safely tucked away in -NJ with her boyfriend, his parents and dog. I'm glad she's safe. g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it wasn't worse. Although, it was pretty darn bad for some.

    Sounds like tomorrow might be an ideal time for some sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get snow days. I think it's only fair for you to get "flood" days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey neighbor!
    I was lucky too, power on the entire time. Princeton U is officially closed tmw. I've been following twitter about road closures, and saw a pic of Rt 1 in Lawrenceville submerged!
    Just installed my first ever invisible zip. Having dinner now, back to the machine soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you suffered only inconveniences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bye bye Irene! Glad you weren't overly inconvenienced, and it's really too bad you might have to stay home and sew or sleep or read tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe. Glad you weathered it so well and may even wangle a day off. :) I hope your mom didn't lose anything too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy that you and your family were spared the worse of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are safe! Cleaning up is the worst part after the storm. Hopefully it wont take too long and nothing got seriously damaged.

    A day off!!! At least something good came out of this disaster. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear yall made out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you made it through the storm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you survived Irene! We are far enough inland in NC that we didn't even get any rain. Love the list of "must haves." The only one I won't attempt is the pony hairpiece. Have not worn a ponytail since I was seven. Am not going to start now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that you and yours are in good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad it's over for you all. Hope everything works out well for your mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank God you are safe. I can't wait to see your next creation

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you and your family are ok - I was thinking of you down there during the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good that your mom's sump pump turned back on. Major disaster averted! Hope that you get to enjoy your day off and relax after all the tension from this storm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're such a wonderful writer! I always pick up your style of turning Lemons in to Lemonade!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails