Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wrapping it all up

My sewing vacay was shorter this year than in years past...and on top of that I ended up getting sick when I went back to work...so I was home bedridden for two days...cutting into the weekend sewing I'd planned on doing.

I have three items left on my list to sew...the accompanying jacket to The Lace Inspired Dress, the second inspirational Jason Wu dress and a designer inspired dress that I'm still going back and forth over whether I can pull off.  Hopefully the jacket and JWu dress will make it out of my sewing machine before the month is over because this is the first time since I've been doing sewing vacays that I've felt unsatisfied with what I accomplished.  Not in the quality or even the amount but that I fell far short of my personal goals.

Here are the finished garments from this sewing vacay...

The Lace Inspired Dress, The Pinstriped Inspired Dress,
The Mixed Fabrications Dress and The Quickie Dress

...what I finished last year...

...and the year before...

I will be interspersing quite a few of these looks with the four pieces I just completed to wear to work this month...and even though these were very involved garments...I never reached the creative nirvana that I usually experience after a sewing vacay.  So the main lesson I've learned this year ~ I need the full week off to be creatively satisfied.  Believe me, this won't happen in 2012!!!

The full collection along with construction pics can be viewed in my flickr album.

Finally, I want to thank you all for following along while I sewed...for all of the wonderful comments you left regarding the dresses and for realizing that even fat girls can be fashionable!

...as always, more later!




16 comments:

  1. Oh my dear girl, you have A LOT of clothes! And fashionable you are...don't beat yourself up, when you're sick, you're sick there's no planning for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puh-leez! You totally outclass all the skinny fashion b*tches. No contest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm constantly amazed at your productivity and creativity! I think I manage to sew a quarter (if that) of what you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pulled off four completely lined, custom-fitted dresses! Don't beat yourself up, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...personally I think you accomplished alot. You have made some beautiful clothing. Also, thank you for sharing your sewing journey. As a plus size women your blog has reminded me that plus size women can be very fashionable and still look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful collections. I love how each is so color specific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with everybody, you are one of the most well-dressed ladies I (know) follow! It doesn't matter about "fat", you're gorgeous in all those lovely dresses.
    I can totally understand about needing a whole week for a sewcation. Next summer I'm going to see if I can persuade my husband to take the boys on a weeklong vacation...alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so productive, Carolyn. Your garments are not only an inspiration but they are truly gorgeous! Thank you for continuing to share your incredible talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could accomplish half what you do I would feel exhausted! Your fashion sense and the way you interpret designer trends to suit yourself is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still love the macy's dress for 2010, wow, well you did it again, it looks great and so very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are my hero and I want to be like you when I grow up!(even though I probably 10 yrs older then you)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are always fashionable and beautiful no matter the size. I think you accomplished a lot for the days you had! Hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the items in each of those capsule collections complement each other in style and tone. So lovely to look at them side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your output for this sewcation has exceded my total output for at least 5 years. You're being too hard on yourself - this years collection is wonderful. It wasn't your doing that cut vacation short and then you got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really like the mixed fabrications dress. All you made is really nice. You did quite well, given the time you had available! Most important, in my opinion is that each piece is great and you'll enjoy wearing each one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails