2.5 yards wool/silk rayon floral print rayon from Vogue Fashion Fabrics
.5 yards of navy blue ponte knit - Fabric Mart
22" blue invisible zipper
2 yards blue bemberg lining
I don't like the finished dress. It doesn't fit as well as I thought it would. I'm sure it's operator error but there's pulling at the raglan sleeves that I don't like and have no desire to fix. I've already reworked the sleeves to make them bigger for my bodacious biceps and changed up the neckline so that it would lay closer to my chest and back...it's good enough...not perfect...not amazing...just good enough...and I'm okay with that.
A few more things...
- The pattern goes up to a size 22 and I added additional space by using my TNT pattern as the body for the dress.
- There is a dart in the top of the original raglan sleeve pattern that left a funny bump at the dart tip...that was one of the issues with the original sleeve pattern.
- I did have to add that dart back in but I did it by making a larger stitch in the seam allowance...the seam that I added to the sleeve pattern to add width for my biceps.
- I only used the side darts in the dress omitting the center front darts.
- The rayon fabric is underlined because it was light and sheer. I wanted to build up the fabric a little and insure that it was no longer see thru.
- The sleeve and dress hems are machine stitched. I honestly didn't care about quality by this point. I just wanted to move this from the UFO category to being finished.
- My daughter and my Mom like the dress and I did sit around in it for about an hour so it was comfortable to wear...
Earrings: Judith Ripka
Necklace: Honora Pearls
Shoes: Jessica London
I have to honestly say that I don't recommend this pattern. I like the styling but the finished dress is just okay.
P.S. ~ Parting Shot - me and my oldest grandson!!! He will be 11 at the end of the month.
...as always more later!