Some stats ~
TNT Dress Pattern
Linen floral print from Vogue Fabrics in Evanston purchased here with Cennetta & Patti
22" off white invisible zipper
3 yards of white cotton bias binding
2.5 yards white cotton/poly bastiste
off white rayon seam binding
*The fashion fabric was cut out and then underlined with the cotton batiste lining.
*The front was sewn together
*The invisible zipper was sewn into the back 3x - yes, 3x because I made a huge mistake...
...see even experienced sewists need to use their seam rippers from time to time because I sewed the back neckline to the back hemline! Probably why I have three of seam rippers around at all times! *LOL*
*The back and fronts were sewn together and pressed flat.
*I added binding to the neckline and armholes because I underlined the dress.
*The binding was topstitched at the neckline and the armholes.
*Rayon seam binding was added to the hemline and hand hemmed.
**The dress was finished.
I leisurely sewed this together one Sunday. I chose to make this version first because I want to make a purple ponte knit cardigan from Butterick 5760 (inspired by the one Pauline made) to wear with this dress and this dress from last summer. So look for that soon, well right after I finish the next two Peyton dresses.
A few more pics...
This is dress number two of the Peyton Series and is the one that looks most like the inspiration dress.
silk tweed from the collection
22" tan invisible zipper
bemberg rayon lining
tan rayon seam binding
linen bias binding
- The difference between this version and the other two is that this one is lined and not underlined.
- Which of course means that there's more hand stitching in this version.
- Otherwise, ditto on all the construction information from the first floral Peyton dress.
- Except that I also added bias binding to the sleeves instead of turning the lining and flipping.
- And I handstitched the lining to the slit at the front.
A few more pics...
These were taken at my job
As I stated before these dresses were a breeze to put together primarily because they are made using my Tried and True (TNT) dress pattern. So two down and one more to go...
...as always, more later!