Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Calling all New York Sewists!


If you're looking for an interesting, info-infilled, stimulating and mojo-inspiring sewing adventure, head on over to Mood Fabrics and register for the Kenneth King Seminar on interlining.  I will let the ad below speak for itself...but if you've ever taken a class with Kenneth King, you know that you're in for a treat!  So head on over and register...you know you want to do it...so go ahead...I guarantee that you won't be disappointed!


Mood NYC Seminars

Seminars and tutorials
Interlining for Fashion Sewing


Want to sew dresses and other garments that look and wear like high-priced RTW and couture? The secret is in the interlining. Noted sewing authority Kenneth D. King will explain how adding an interlining layer can improve the look, feel and functionality of your fabric. He’ll review the many different types of interlining, from organza to wool flannel, and will discuss which interlining fabric is right for any type of garment. Knowing and understanding about interlining will kick your sewing up to the next level, guaranteed! Space is limited, so register today! 

Wednesday, July 18, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm


Mood Fabrics NYC
225 W. 37th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY


About the instructor
: Kenneth D. King is a couture designer in NYC. He is also a contributing editor of Threads Magazine, author of Cool Couture, and a leading sewing instructor.

11 comments:

  1. Ah, to live in New York...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I have a child like strop and say "its not fair" :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with pdiddly and stamping my feet at the fact that their is an ocean between me and that workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to have gone to something like that. Everything happens in New York Argh

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man- this looks fabulous, but I'm on the west coast that week! no fair. :(
    I took a moulage class with him years ago & he is a riot. So bummed I'll miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes--to be in NYC instead of Evanston that weekend (but there is that whole food/shelter/health insurance issue). Carolyn, are you taking the class?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I lived anywhere close to New York, I would be there. I hope that you are able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Carolyn!!! You should come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in the process of making a linen/cotton blend Peyton-style dress and decided to interline w/ batiste. So are you using interfacing, and if so is it between the interlining and lining, between the fashion fabric and the interlining, or in my case, between the lining and the facing? Thanks. I absolutely love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails