Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Not really sewing...

If you've read my sewing adventures for any length of time you know a few things about me...
  1. I sew with the television on...preferably with marathons or DVDs of favorite shows.
  2. A few of my favorite shows are Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars and The Closer.
  3. I'm a fabric collector, hoarder, stasher - FABRICAHOLIC - and quite unrepentant I might add!
So today's post is about the things I use to make the ambiance in my sewing room work for me...

First - these DVDs from Amazon arrived today:

Six seasons of Brenda and the gang!

12 seasons of ER - with three more to come!

Then honestly, I have ponte fever!  So I stopped by Mood today and picked up a couple.  New fabric always makes me want to sew even more...so that's ambiance right?!  

2 yds of a black/white ponte, 4 yds of a black ponte,
2 yards of a brown/black/white abstract print

Now if you remember earlier this summer I went to Mood NYC looking for some ponte and was a little disappointed with the selection.  Can I tell you that has been more than rectified!  I had a difficult time deciding what to choose.  There's now prints, argyles, bold florals in several colorways, as well as, loads and loads of solids.  Which is a good thing because ponte knits are hot right now! 

Most importantly...I heard that its suppose to rain all weekend here in my corner of the world! Seriously, that's great news because I can come home, ensconce myself in my sewing cave, put in a DVD and make my sewing machines sing! Wahooooo! *LOL*

Finally, I would like to thank all of you who left congratulations on the Mood Sewing Network post.  It was so appreciated.  Also thank you to everyone who left a comment on the last three dresses completed during my sewing vacation because you were all too kind...especially since I was totally devastated by my output.  My sewing vacay went nothing like I wanted and was the real mojo killer...the cold was just the icing on the top.  

I honestly felt like I wasted five good vacation days that should have been saved for later when the conditions would have been more optimum to sew. I so look forward to those 8 or 9 days of uninterrupted sewing every year.  They balance me out...fulfill a creative need...and were more needed than a cruise was...however my home life was not accommodating to this change and I will have to address this before my next sewing vacay.  Way more than you wanted to know I'm sure but I did want to address my lack of productivity now that I can speak without cursing and screaming, wailing at the top of my lungs and generally acting like I need a good dose of Zoloft.

I probably won't be back with any posts until the weekend.  I've got some wicked days coming up at work and the Gray's Anatomy's season opener is Thursday - yeah, yeah I know - but every life needs a little manufactured by TV drama! *LOL*

...as always more later!




20 comments:

  1. Glad you are looking forward to dedicated sewing weekend, and that the weather will most likely cooperate! Congratulations on your partnership with Mood. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Mood - on Project Runway it always looks so forbidding, like I would be in there all day trying to find fabric. Is it really that way in person or do you get acclimated pretty easily?

    Enjoy your blog, envious of your organized stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ponte knits too. I have plans to go to the garment district this morning and will stop by Mood to check out what they have.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Looks like you and I will be doing the same thing.

    ~Sewjourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Ponte - love it so much. Can't wait to see what you make.

    Enjoy that rainy weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips on new ponte at Mood. We sewers out in the states with no Mood want pointers on the good print pontes! Regarding your cruise, sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is truly the ultimate bummer when anticipated days of sewing turn wrong. or at least, it's the ultimate bummer for peeps like us. i hope your new stash (all of it) gets you going!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *just* realized yesterday that the Major Crimes had long started. I cancelled cable last year and was downloading episodes of the Closer on Amazon. LOL. So, I just subscribed to Major Crimes. Fingers crossed it's just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watch tv in my studio as well. But it's mostly on the computer with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. The number of pontes online is minimal from Mood. I hope that they increase there presence there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on the TV + sewing thing, thank goodness for my Tivo, I can catch up (Listen, mostly) to all my favs. Masterpiece mystery is my sewing TV preference. As for your output, I know you like fall sewing and you plans look great, looking forward to seeing you next projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new fabrics..Nothing like fabric to get you to sewing.. and how exciting to get to go to Moods..[I watch it on project runway, and it looks awsome, I would NEVER get out of there,ha]
    So understand ,when you plan your sew vaccation and it doesnt happen, so frustrating.. Proud your feeling better.. and hope you have a fun sewing in the cave weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the Mood network thing, that is such very exciting news! I can't wait to see what you make first up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I lived in NYC so I could just pop into Mood! Jealous! Those are gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fabrics. I wish I had access to a large selection of ponte knits. I guess I should be satisfied that my local Hancocks has a decent selection...better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you watching Major Crimes? I'm missing Brenda, but liking the direction it's taking. I'm hoping to get some real sewing done soon - retreat is next weekend. Now if I could just decide what I want to sew. g

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always pick out beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I'm just all kinds of jealous! Great fabric store with great fabrics. And it's stuff they don't put on their website...boo! Can't wait to see your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vacation days are so very precious and it hurts and rages when you can't do everything you hoped for; I sure know that feeling. But you got more done than I would have with a cold. Your TnT cardi looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sew to TV shows and movies, too! I love to put on something I've watched a lot, so I don't even need to look at the screen. Some of my faves are: Pride and Prejudice, Coupling, Bridget Jones' Diary and Keeping Up Appearances. These are all British, but I do watch some American shows and movies, too :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. I completely relate to the need for a good tv marathon.The only time I turn it off is when I am doing pattern work and I must concentrate.
    Glad you are all stocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, nice ponte(s)! With all your DVD stocked up, you are good to go. Will be looking to see what you sew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails