Honestly I don't know if I'll get a chance to sew this weekend. I was suppose to meet friends today in NYC but since I'm feeling like a truck ran over me, I'm not going to make it which really disappoints me. I think I'm just going to pull the covers over my head and veg for the weekend...anyway, here are the bits of me!
1. Remember this dress...
Well I've gotten another idea for it which meant pulling some of the piping off. So it still sits waiting to be completed.
2. With one unfinished dress, you would think I would leave well enough alone. Nooooo, I cut out and started to stitch together another version of Vogue 1250. That is also laying unfinished on my sewing table.
3. Y'all know that I have fabric issues. Well my issues become more pronounced when I have no opportunities to sew. Suddenly the call of fabric gets louder, stronger and more demanding. Yeap, I bought more fabric...the boxes arrived earlier this week...
4. Have you seen the Great Sewing Bee that just started to air this week in Great Britian?
You should definitely check it out, if you haven't already! This is what a sewing show should be about. There's also a great article about it in The Telegraph (thanks Ruth for the heads up!)
5. I wanted to give a personal thank you to everyone who left a comment on the "A Sewing Machine Story" post. There are some wonderful sewing stories there and I so appreciate everyone who left a comment. Later when I can I will give you the back story on how that post came to be.
6. As I stated in a post last weekend, I did not make the jacket that should have accompanied the MSN Lace Challenge Dress. I had no desire to sew and even though I had Friday off, it was a very packed family friendly weekend. So here are a few photos from the weekend...
My sister and I at church
The grandbabies with coats on headed to church
It was a wonderful weekend ~ full of family, church and good food!
7. On the bus earlier this week, I found this Chinese Fortune left floating on the seat. I went to remove it and then read it...finally thinking this was so appropriate for me!
"Happiness lies in the joy of
achievement and the thrill of
I don't know if I'll sew this weekend since the Musinex couple have moved into my head. I'm more inspired to head back to bed with my tissues and remote control to watch movies. I do know that posts may continue to be sparse around here for a minute since I'm still in the throes of work projects. I need to find a new work/life balance.
...as always more later!