...it's still here. The dress fits but it smushes her bosom. It's just not flattering because the bodice is too small/too tight/too hard to get on. After speaking with her, the measurement that was taken was her high bust measurement, not her actual bust measurement. So of course the bodice is too tight.
The back looks good...
...and I need to add some more lace to the side.
So I will spend tomorrow adding a two inch gusset to the side seam and putting the dress back together to deliver to her on Tuesday after work.
A few things:
- I'm remarkably calm about the whole thing. I know I can fix these issues.
- This means that all of the hand stitched lace on the front has to be removed and then stitched back on after the gusset has been added.
- The lining has been taken out and will be hand stitched in again.
- The hem needs a minor correction so that it will work for heels and when she wears flats.
- The sleeve fit is perfect! I told you that was a dayum good sleeve! *LOL*
- ...and the back is perfect so it won't need to be reworked either.
If I'd been able to have a fitting yesterday, I would have been able to fix the dress yesterday & today delivering it tomorrow. Instead I will spend tomorrow finishing it and will deliver it on Tuesday. Thank goodness this is a three day weekend here in the States, so that I can take my time and get this last piece to work.
The awesome thing is that both she and her mother were apologizing to me. There was no hysteria about the dress showing up 2 days before her prom...just a lot of gratefulness that she was getting such an amazing dress...and other than the bust issue, she was really thrilled with the dress. At this point I'd make her wedding dress if she wanted because she has been so fantastic to work with.
...as always more later!