Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's Time...

Yes it is peoples, it's time for me to sew!  Do you know that today is June 25th and I've made nuthin' this month!  Absolutely, freakin' nuthin'!!!  Since I must have my Mood garment finished by Thursday evening to post on the Mood Sewing Network on Friday, you know I'm turning my sewing machine on for that.  So look for at least one in-progress post soon.

Also look for a few more quick and easy pieces.  Now that I've worn only what I've previously made for the last four weeks, I realize that there are a few things lacking in my wardrobe that I'd like to add.  Now I could easily purchase those things but with 70 full to the brim garbage bags of fabric sitting in my dining room, I can tell you that I won't be buying much until the memory of putting it all back fades. *sigh*

Which brings me to this dress...




I posted about Butterick 5211 last July 30th.  36 wonderful people left very nice compliments about this dress when I posted it.  Even with their encouragement, I was kinda "meh" about the dress so I never wore it.  Just left it hanging in the sewing workroom until it had to be taken upstairs because of the sewing room clean out.  Last night I saw it hanging and decided that it was time to wear it.  It's over 90 degrees today.  It's a lightweight dress, perfect for hot as hell summer days and suddenly I wasn't as "meh" about it especially since it didn't need to be ironed.  

Can I tell you that those 36 people were geniuses and able to see something that I couldn't...even though I'd made the dress! I'm wearing it today and it's perfect! Perfect I tell you...so I'm trying to figure out what I didn't like about it!  



Anyway, I have loads more of those trendy rayons left...one in a really pretty pink floral (just gotta find the dayum thing!) that I can sooooo see in this dress.  Oh and I'm wearing it with the self tie belt.  So Gay, the answer to your question is...I'm just wearing it for the first time today! 

It's July so it must be fall...
Lastly, is it just me or isn't it a little annoying that it's the end of June, it's blazing hot outside and all of the stores and designers are showing pre-fall.  Seriously?! It's too dayum hot out to think about a coat or even a jacket for that matter! Couldn't they have held off ohhhh for just a few more weeks!  Seasons are coming faster and faster these days!

A closing shot...
My photographer/friend at work is now on maternity leave...so I snatched up my co-worker to take my pics...




...as always more later!

32 comments:

  1. So glad you are back in the sewing cave . I was having "fanatic" withdrawal. It IS a great looking dress and rayon is perfect this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress - the color is wonderful. So glad to hear you are going to be sewing again soon! Wish I could be there to help with the fabric reloading! I'd love to spend a few hours with your stash. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that dress on you! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the 36 - it is a wonderful dress and it looks gorgeous on you! I'm glad you will be sewing again soon. I am new to your blog, but have been enjoying your sewing adventures! :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress! It's a killer print, and it looks great on you! Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seems like a different color than what I usually see you in, and it's a nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty dress and it looks good on you and looking forward to your mood posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress looks lovely, and I'm so glad that you'll be back sewing soon. You seem to look different in the recent photos vs the photo of a year ago. Have you lost a significant amount of weight?

    Please delete this comment if it's too personal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look Forward To See What You Sewing Next. And Yup, This Dress Is Absolutely.Awesome! Rayon Is It? Filing That Info Away For When I Go Fabric Shopping In Future :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That yellow is a good combo with the dress, and it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, do not understand why stores insist on stocking clothes that are so out of season. The only reason I can possibly fathom is to get a jump on their competitors.
    Love the dress, especially the print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great dress! Do you really have 70 bags of fabric? wow! my 10 or so storage tubs don't seem nearly so big now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks terrific! It's funny how some things get worn straight away, and others take time to come around to them. Inevitable that you should fall in love with this great dress eventually.. And I'm in awe of your fabric collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fabulous dress! You look amazing - I'm glad you finally wore it. And your photographer is darling! g

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear you will be sewing again. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know why it took you so long to wear this dress. It looks amazing on you.

    I'm glad you're back in your sewing cave. I'm terribly jealous of your fabric collection but I'm sure happy I didn't have to move it all. It must have been a nightmare job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to your next finished garment, I'm always so inspired by your prolific output and the wonderfulness of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad your back in action,Carolyn! Love the dress!,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great dress! So glad to see I already have that pattern in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in love with that print and I agree with everone else the dress looks great on you. -Nizzy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, Love, Love this dress!! The pattern is absolutely beautiful!! You look super great in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty dress and a very flattering style. I LOVE that pattern - I've made about three dresses from it and I'm not done with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When McCall's came out with the fall line yesterday, I thought we haven't even gotten summer yet. It's still dreary and raining here. I'm waiting for the hot sun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah!! Sewing again!I like the dress on you. I always find it funny sometimes when I sew something and decide I don't like it and then try it on later and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hot weather, must be nice. You look great in the dress. Definitely not meh.

    ReplyDelete
  26. welcome back to sewing land and lovely dress

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay, this is waaaaay off topic. First of all I love your dress. I think you did a fabulous job. Second, I am looking for someone to sew a harness/vest for my service dog. I have absolutely no idea where to start looking for people who sew in my area. I live in Houston (just moved here). I have my own fabric and patches. I also have a pattern (or 3) to go by but the problem is that I don't have a sewing machine and if I did I honestly don't think I would know how to do it. Other than going door to door asking each person if they sew or not, I am stuck looking on google for kind people like you to guide me where to go from here. I would have purchased a harness/vest online (well I have, about 4) and none of them fit my dog properly. You see she is a massive mix of a mutt but she is so wonderful and saves my life every day. I just need something to allow her to stand out so that folks don't mistake her for a pet in stores. One for summer and one for winter... Ha, like we really have much of a winter here. Do you or any of your kind readers know where to point me? I would be so so so appreciative!
    Blessings,
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh and so you can contact me the best email address is withoutalabel@live.com or to leave a comment on my blog http://www.withoutalabel.me
    Much love,
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have done this a few times, myself- made something, put it away, then tried it on ages later to discover it was pretty cool! I do think the dress looks great on you. So glad you are getting back to sewing- it must feel great! Love your blog, looking forward to seeing what you are up to next. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. It took me TWO MONTHS to finish my last dress! I think - hope - I finally have the mojo back now. Hope yours is back too!

    I just love that green dress, as much as I did last year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Carolyn, I love this dress! The fabric is just gorgeous, and I'm so glad that you've decided it's a "wearer". Y'know, I feel meh about lots of things that I make, and being a bit on the move-without-thinking side, often thrift the items. Then I'll go back and see a pic of it months later and wonder why the heck I didn't like it. Lesson: magic closet is best, even for things I'm "tired" of.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks so comfortable I wish I were wearing it now. My blouse and tank top are already too many layers for ninety-degree weather! What's the pattern exactly?

    You might consider sharing this with the sewing community over at Kollabora. We haven't had enough inspiration for simple summer dresses lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails