Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Sewing Workshop is starting to come together...

I did end up changing a few things around...not a lot...but enough to give the room a different feel.  I will have to think of some processes differently when sewing because of that but the previous version of the sewing workshop had gotten junky and stuffy.  

I really do like things sleek, minimal and tidy so that's the principal I'm using to reset the room.  I know that what I have will fit in the room, I just need it to fit in better. And after getting everything but the fabric back into the room, I think I've accomplished that goal!

Maybe catastrophes are a good thing because they make you rethink what you're doing...again I'm looking for the positive in what was a very stressful situation.


The fabric shelves are still empty ~ waiting for the fabric's return

Some drawers are the same - some have been used differently

This is the only set up that's still the same



Current magazines will go on the top shelf
Fabric will fill the bottom shelves

So everything is in except for the fabric.  I don't want to rush filling the shelves and I want to get as much out of the remaining bins as possible, so it will be done while I'm off later this week.




The car can go back in the garage...

The only thing is that there will be no sewing this weekend.  I thought about it but after moving everything around and setting things up I'm just too tired to attempt to sew.  I need to give a great big shout out to my daughter who helped me get everything back into the sewing workshop.  I couldn't have broken it down, or set it back up without her help!

...as always more later!




24 comments:

  1. It's a new beginning. You have the chance to establish a more efficient workspace. You'll really be ready to sew again when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basement floods indeed are stressful. I hope you're able to get things back in order soon so that you can resume sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Carolyn. I know you'll make up for lost time when you get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Periodically rethinking one's work space is a good way of becoming more efficient in doing certain tasks. So sad that you first had to go through a crisis, but hopefully you'll have everything in perfect order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, good daughter! I'm tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are getting it back together and we will see Carolyn's creation before we know it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking real good! You've made great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Carolyn! I know you'll be happy when your sewing room is back to normal. Your daughter is a jewel. Her Mama raised her right :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see your a few steps closer to "normalcy". I'm sure you'll breathe a huge sigh of relief when the last box/bag is empty! Hang in there, sending big hugs and positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun watching your sewing room come back together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed your rearranged sewing room brings good feng shui vibes and you don't go through another disaster. I think your daughter is being clever and taking care of her future inheritance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn -

    No doubt, you will be truly happy when the job is done. Not only because your house will once again be in order, but because you will have your sanctuary back.

    Watching you go through this ordeal has inspired me to rearrange my sewing space to make it more efficient. Of course, I don't know when that will happen because, like you, I will first have to dismantle the entire room. Then I'll have to have someone come over to help me move some of the heavy stuff around. Hopefully, all of this will take place before I start my holiday sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you made lemonaide from the lemons that were thrown at you. Enjoy fondling your fabric this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto Rose...
    Lemonade from Lemons!
    Key Lime Pie from Limes!
    Rhubarb Crumble from Rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are those girl scout cookies in that trash????

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Carolyn on getting things set back up. Aren't kids the best sometimes? Nice to know that all the work that goes into them when they are little, pays off in the end. Thanks for sharing you sewing cave. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your daughter is wonderful and this is definately what family is for. So glad that the end is in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fingers crossed your sewing room is back to it's best in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh NO! I've just read about your sewing room catastrophe... how traumatic! You seem to have everything beautifully under control and will come out of it with a really well-sorted out-and-organised space, which is good, right? I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad you are staring to get things back in order, and as you say there is a positive that came out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its good to see your getting back settled into your sewing room, I miss your work in progress post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are able to get your sewing room organized and ready to create new garments! Looking forward to seeing the next great piece of the summer collection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best of luck with your project. You are always so thoughtful and intentional. Enjoy the holiday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so good to see that you're starting to move back in. Just a little worry thought, though. Do you really want to put the fabric on the bottom shelves? I'm so paranoid of accidents of any kind with water and what have you that I always keep my fabrics far away from the floor. In my humble economy, magazines and patterns are replaceable, but fabric.... not so much. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails