Monday, July 29, 2013

The Hobby Lobby Skirt

I made this skirt from fabric that I purchased from my trip to Hobby Lobby - thus the skirt's name and the name of this post - The Hobby Lobby Skirt.



Again, this was a quickie sew to jumpstart the motor of my sewing mojo...y'know to get it revved up so that I would get back into the sewing mood...and it worked. After this skirt, I felt like myself again and have finished two more dresses.



There are no special details to this skirt...  

  • I used my TNT elastic waist skirt pattern that I last used here
  • Cut the fabric.  
  • Serged the edges to clean finish them. 
  • Stitched the sides together, stopping a few inches from the hem line for a side seam slit.  
  • Made an elastic casing and inserted the 1" elastic.
  • Sewed the casing close.
  • Ironed up a 1" hem and machine stitched it flat.


An easy peasy skirt with a lot of punch.  I'm planning on wearing this to work this week just as I've photographed it above.

This was my last fabric purchase prior to my fabric diet and I'm thrilled that it didn't linger in the collection.  My next sew is the Designer Inspired Linen Dress for my Mood project that will be up on the Mood Sewing Network tomorrow.  Go by and check it out then.

...as always more later!






22 comments:

  1. Another winner. Love those quick easy and super cuter projects. I now know what to do with a piece of houndstooth I have marinating in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your last two projects. You look fabulous modeling them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute!! Looks good on you. Love the houndstooth and the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great as usual:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen pink houndstooth. So cute! And glad your mojo is back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like pink on you! It makes you look (almost) cheeky :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Pink + houndstooth = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty in pink! Love this outfit! It's really, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Houndstooth FTW! You've styled it beautifully, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What kind of fabric is it? It hangs so nicely!

    -EMC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get over how you find the best fabrics ever. I love the giant pink houndstooth. The skirt is perfect and I adore the pink cardigan. g

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really have an eye for fabrics and which patterns to sew them in. Nice skirt and the ensemble looks very nice on you. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes the quick and easy sews are the garments most worn, so it's good to make them as a palate cleanser to get back to equilibrium.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carolyn
    Just wanted to stop in and say hi and see what you been up to. I absolutely love what you did with the fabric giveaway and I don't want to be entered because I have my own destash issues to resolve, lol but good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now see...I was doing alright... I've hardly met a houndstooth print that I didn't like. Hobby Lobby...really?! It HAS been a while since I've been there....Lovely, lovely skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely skirt and don't you just love instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this skirt as well as your Just Cavelli maxi skirt. There is nothing like a quick and dirty sewing project to get the mojo flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great color on you. Lovely work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! The whole outfit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Hobby Lobby sells fabric? Who knew? I always thought it was model trains and cars and stuff like that. Guess I need to drop in to see what's really going on in there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails