Again, this was a quickie sew to jumpstart the motor of my sewing mojo...y'know to get it revved up so that I would get back into the sewing mood...and it worked. After this skirt, I felt like myself again and have finished two more dresses.
There are no special details to this skirt...
- I used my TNT elastic waist skirt pattern that I last used here.
- Cut the fabric.
- Serged the edges to clean finish them.
- Stitched the sides together, stopping a few inches from the hem line for a side seam slit.
- Made an elastic casing and inserted the 1" elastic.
- Sewed the casing close.
- Ironed up a 1" hem and machine stitched it flat.
An easy peasy skirt with a lot of punch. I'm planning on wearing this to work this week just as I've photographed it above.
This was my last fabric purchase prior to my fabric diet and I'm thrilled that it didn't linger in the collection. My next sew is the Designer Inspired Linen Dress for my Mood project that will be up on the Mood Sewing Network tomorrow. Go by and check it out then.
...as always more later!