Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Spring Trends - Neutrals and White on White

When I was working on the white ponte top, I knew that I was either going to make a pair of pants or a skirt to match the top.  There wasn't enough fabric to make pants so I went with the skirt. I chose the four gore skirt to use the remaining fabric up leaving no scraps.

It was a little windy when we took these pictures but I loved 
how the wind gave the skirt movement!

This is my TNT four gore skirt pattern that still works primarily because the skirt has an elastic waistline. I could have gone with a straight or pencil skirt but I already had that silhouette in the brocade pieces and I didn't want both outfits to be that similar.

Now there are some vanilla/off white pieces in the closet made back in 2012 - but only the skirts have survived. It will be nice to have this skirt in two different fabrications this year for the spring/summer season.

Okay a little info about this skirt:
  • It's unlined
  • The seams are stitched down on either side to add a little sumthin' sumthin' to the skirt
  • The hemline is machine stitched also
It was an easy sew that hits on another one of the spring trends!

Some pics...





The jacket is RTW from Isaac Mizrahi's QVC line.



Next I'm working on a UFO that I've resurrected and will make my second spring piece. Then I'm going back to my TNT dress pattern. I'm definitely in a sewing mood although I didn't include a casual look with this post because it's basically the same look that I shared last time just with a RTW jacket.

...as always more later!




50 comments:

  1. A very versatile skirt and top outfit. You can pair the outfit with a jacket as you have in the pics or perhaps a light sweater for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wenhkc - that's my hope - that I will wear it with various cardigans and jackets!

      Delete
  2. Perfect Springtime outfit. The white looks so fresh and the silhouette is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spring outfit. You can wear lots of different cardies/jackets with this. One thing though - you may want to check the size, because it looks a bit too big on you (not an awful thing to happen!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous I particularly like the skirt .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good and I love the outdoor photos. Must be warming up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy - it is getting warmer (though not today!) and the trees are budding so I finally believe that spring is coming!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful summer look. I like the white on white trend, and this is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia - I like the white on white trend but have to admit that I'm worried about commuting in this outfit. It may become a church outfit instead of a work one!

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely outfit! Very much a harbinger of warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty skirt and top combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, A GREAT LOOK IN THE SPRING SUNSHINE. WELL DONE. I AM INSPIRED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline - thanks! I hope you make a white on white outfit of your own!

      Delete
  10. Very fresh and springtime! Great that the TNT skirt pattern is still working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki - the skirt has a little more flare but still working - thank goodness!

      Delete
  11. White with white is so pretty for spring . I also like the 6 gore skirt - especially as a way to use up scraps . Sometimes for me that's the biggest challenge . Pieces too big to add to the dog bed scap bag - what to make . Great ideas -thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryEllen - it's always a challenge trying not to end up with a whole bunch of scraps! Glad you have a skirt pattern that helps you with this challenge too!

      Delete
  12. You look marvelous, and so does your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great look! I love that neckline and the skirt has the perfect amount of swing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trena - it's so good to "see" you back! Thanks for liking the outfit!

      Delete
  14. Very nice! Nice jacket that should go with a few things in your lovely wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - it is a great jacket and I had to work hard not to purchase it in the yellow/white combo. The neutral is just more wardrobe friendly!

      Delete
  15. I love that look! I'm sure you'll have plenty of cardies and other jackets to wear with both pieces. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You look spectacular. I love, love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice spring outfit Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye - so great to finally be able to sew spring outfits!

      Delete
  18. Carolyn - that shape of that suit looks fabulous on your new shape. It is beautiful. Love both top and skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeaJay! I will be making more separates since right now they're my friend!

      Delete
  19. Very nice Carolyn! I have a white neoprene knit on my cutting table of which I will be sewing a dress sometimes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look stunning in this outfit! I love the skirt silhouette and that neckline is devine for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails