Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ain't No Sewing Over Here...

It's summer and there seems like there is just so much to do and see. I want to sew but the time and motivation just isn't there. I've even resorted to purchasing some RTW to help tide me over with new garments for work. I got so tired of wearing the same thing over and over again. So instead of sewing, I've been buying things and...

Everything has ended up piled up on the cutting table ~


There are so many hopes and dreams on that table...probably dreams deferred as the summer is edging closer towards fall...and I still have no desire to sew. So I thought I'd share a little of what's on the table.  The Hancocks Houston haul is still on that table and was discussed in a previous post.  

The other things on the table are ~


This studded trim from M&J Trimming...and these trims also...

(Rolls of polyester organza & polka dot ribbon)

I work close to M&J now and for the last three months I've managed NOT to go in...but I had to waste some time the other night prior to meeting a friend for dinner...so I stopped in. They are having this amazing warehouse sale. Rolls of trim and loads of ribbons and embellishments, laces of all types are all $20 a roll or less. Most of it around $5 or $10 a roll. 

That's how all of those amazing things came home with me and truth be told...I'm going back. If I was a costumer I would just go in with a couple of hundred dollars and go crazy that's how good this sale is! However, I'm just a greedy sewist...so I'm going back. If you're in the area, I suggest you head on over!

I also broke my self-imposed fabric diet and indulged in one of those 50% off the entire website sales from Fabric Mart.  This showed up this last week...

(A black/tweed reversible doubleknit, a Pucci-type ITY knit
a blue/green chevron ITY knit & blue cotton chambray)

Ojolly is selling these amazing sweater bodies and two of them showed up too. I'm excited about these pieces. I've wanted some for awhile and am really thrilled to own them. Check out her shop, there are some amazing things there!


Lastly, I've been slowly but surely buying 100 sewing machine Schmetz needle packages in all sizes from Amazon. My goal is not to have to buy a needle again anytime soon. So these last packages showed up this week too.


So much buying has been going on but no sewing. Thus the messy sewing table full of things that I need to find spaces for in the sewing cave.

I don't know when I'm going to sew again, but when I do, I have given myself more possibilities to work with and to help me sew better. Also, I'm just checking in...making sure that you all know I'm still alive! *LOL*

I've been spending a lot of time with the grandkiddies lately and I have this picture from this afternoon before our dance party to share...

Miss Lena and Miss Sammy before we danced it out!


...as always more later!






39 comments:

  1. I've not heard of Ojolly but quite an interesting site. Thanks for sharing, I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. K - you're welcome! If you do buy something I'm sure you will be very happy with what you receive.

      Delete
  2. Yeah - the mojo comes and goes and you just have to go with the flow!!!! Sometimes this is hard on me thinking that I'm wasting time, but I have to remember that the creative tank needs filling every

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire - I understand what you're saying about the creative refill but I miss flowing in it and creating...it seems like an arm or leg is missing.

      Delete
  3. Can't argue with dancing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya... I'm just coming off a big vacation and my sewing room was like a foreign land when I came home. But, today, I paired and photographed fabrics with patterns and I'm much more excited to get cutting and sewing. Hope your mojo shows up, but in the mean time... kiss those adorable grandbabies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristine I saw your pairings on Instagram...looks like you're going to get some good sewing in before school starts.

      Delete
  5. Dance party! Oh yes! You are a rockin' grandmama!
    I am grateful I just ditch the FMart mails, as that Pucci print would taunt me, and I'm just not in need of anything I would make from that fabric. I'm staying out of the stores and websites until September where I can make rational, useful choices.

    Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ - LOL! Yeah okay good luck with that but then again September is just 8 short days away so you may make it. That Pucci-type print is what took me down the slippery slope at Fabric Mart. I haven't put it away because I'm hoping to use it soon.

      Delete
  6. Sewing can wait! Enjoying the summer and the grand babies is much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! It will be spring soon by you and I'm sure you're glad to see it.

      Delete
  7. Grandbaby times is the bomb. Nothing beats a dance party. Your mojo will return in time. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Towanda! Yes I really love those little people especially now they come into the house screaming, Nana Nana. Quality of life right there!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to buy some sweater knit fabric from OJolly this fall. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your cutting table this morning...it looks like mine right now! You are just taking a sewing vacay...you will get your mojo back very shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judi - I hope so! But it's clean now. I couldn't stand that mess too much longer plus if I want to sew the table has to be clean.

      Delete
  10. Love all the stuff you've bought. You're right though - it can wait. Your grandchildren will remember the fun stuff you did with them, and that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time they come now they ask for a dance party and it's so cool to watch them sing & dance along! I know that they won't want this forever so I'm definitely indulging them now.

      Delete
  11. I can understand your lack of sewing feeling; mine has been in and out. Right now I am in the sewing mode and trying to get motivated to start sewing some items for transition to fall. Thanks for the link to Ojolly, not heard of that site before. So far I am still able to stick to fabric diet but feel resolve slipping for patterns, sale going on at Club BMV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've already succumbed to that sale and bought the new McCalls patterns I wanted. It's such an inexpensive way to stroke my sewing needs while I'm still not sewing.

      Delete
  12. Summer seems to be coming to an end way too fast so enjoy the nice weather and time with family. Your sewing cave will still be there waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomasa - you are right. I just have to stop adding to it! *LOL* You've seen it and you know that it's lacking very little!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for posting even if you have temporarily lost some sewing mojo. When it returns I'm anxious to see if you design a garment using the metal studs for this Fall. In the meantime enjoy your family and precious grandkids. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The single metal studs trim is ironable, though how it works is going to be interesting to find out. I think if it suddenly turned cold I would know exactly what to sew. Its just that I have to make it through the rest of the warm, very warm days.

      Delete
  14. If the desire to sew is not there dont push it, ita suppose to be for our joy and amusement :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheseams - you're right only I've been feeling like I'm missing it lately so I'm going to have to do something soon to jumpstart it.

      Delete
  15. So excited to hear you went into M&J during their warehouse sale, because I did too. I never thought I'd be able to say that, since I live on the other side of the world! I wished I had a large suitcase. I restrained myself and only bought one beautiful beaded lace trim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so glad that you got to experience it. I think the stock changes daily. I know that I do want to go back...did you only see the one place or where you limiting yourself because you have to fly home and shipping was too expensive?

      Delete
  16. I'm right there with you...no sewing on this front either and hasn't been for a while. I am going to correct that soon before I lose my passion for sewing too! You have the most beautiful distraction though...those gorgeous grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra - I understand it left because of the emotion things I was dealing with but I'd really like it to come home now! *LOL*

      Delete
  17. Whether it's loss of mojo or just not enough time, I find shopping for fabric, notions, patterns, etc fills a sewing void. As for O!Jolly! I hope they pay you a commission because their business now has some new followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MarilynB - so nice of you to comment! It's good to see you here...as for OJolly, she's a friend but I love what she makes and sells and I'm happy to send business her way!

      Delete
  18. Forget the sewing lets play with those cute grandbabbies.. those cheeks love them! Oh hi Ms. Carolyn lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those children are gorgeous, appear to have their grandmother's spark. Oh and nice fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cant wait to see what that sweater knit becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ever since I read your post about your daughters illness I've been thinking about you. My middle daughter Megan developed Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh eating bacteria) after she gave birth to her first child. It was awful and I know that feeling you went through. No one can explain the fear a parent feels when confronted with the loss of a child. I didn't sew for six months after Megan's illness. She was in and out of the hospital for months. I had to care for Sophie (her daughter) during the hospital stay. It took months to get over being tired and I just lost all my desire to sew. It was so weird because I have sewn constantly since I was very young. Maybe it's impossible to be creative when we are healing from the fear of loss. It's been 5 years since Megan went through all that but I can bring that feeling up so quickly when the subject comes up. Hope your daughter is still doing well. Bless your family and hopefully you'll get your sewing mojo back before long.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Um, fabric diet? What's that?? I've seriously fallen off the wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails