Monday, January 18, 2016

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday

Today we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday in the United States. In years past, I've posted quotes, videos and told stories of how much this day means to me.



This year I'm posting a list of the black men, women and children murdered by the police and others in America in recent years. 

I'd like to take a moment of silence for these Black Lives that were lost ~


Travyon Martin

Michael Brown

Walter Scott

Eric Garner

Tamar Rice

Sandra Bland

LaQuan McDonald

Bettie Jones

Quintonio LeGrier


Finally, the parishioners of Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, SC who were gunned down by a racist 21 year old ~
  • Sr. Pastor & State Senator Clementa C. Pickney
  • Cynthia Marie Graham Hurd
  • Susie Jackson
  • Ethel Lee Lance
  • Depayne Middleton-Doctor
  • Tywanza Sanders
  • Daniel Simmons
  • Sharonda Coleman-Singleton
  • Myra Thompson

Somehow, I think the man who penned the "I Have A Dream" speech would be heavy-hearted at the state of race relations in America. 

We have so far to go...













LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails