Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Met Gala - 2018

The theme for this year's Met Gala is "The Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination." Besides the normal fashion mags covering the event online, you could also watch it live on the E! Network. The stars were asked to wear their "Sunday Best!"

I haven't written about a Met Gala in years because I've felt so-so about the dresses but this year I LOVED 90% of what was worn! So this is a picture heavy post that I've divided into categories based upon my interpretation of the theme.  All pictures are credited to Getty Photos which I yanked from the Internet.

Okay let's start with the co-chairwomen of the event ~

Amal Clooney in Richard Quinn
Reminds me of an outfit Lana Turner wore in Imitation of Life

Rihanna in Maison Margiela by John Galliano
The Twitterverse went crazy over this look! Me not so much!

The other co-chair was Donatella Versace and I was unimpressed by what she was wearing.

Next up - The Angels ~

Amanda Seyfried in Prada

Rachel Evan Woods in Altuzarra

Kate Bosworth in Oscar de la Renta

Katy Perry is a literal angel with those wings!
She's wearing Versace

Yara Shahidi in Chanel

Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Ralph Lauren
...that halo headpiece!


The Madonnas/Matrons of the Catholic Church ~

Ariana Grande wearing the Sistine Chapel as interpreted by Vera Wang

Blake Lively in Versace

Emilia Clarke in Dolce & Gabbana

Rita Ora in Prada wearing another amazing headpiece!

Sarah Jessica Parker in Dolce & Gabbana

Cardi B in Moschino and I kept thinking a Tudor Queen

Diane Krueger in Prabel Gurung with a Philip Treacy headpiece


The Knights of the Round Table ~

Zendaya in Versace

Priyanka Chopra

Michelle Williams


The Looks I Just Liked ~

Come through Ashley Graham!
She's wearing Prabal Gurung

Lily Aldrige in Ralph Lauren
(expect to see a version of this on me this summer!)

Nikki Minaj in Oscar de la Renta

Tracey Ellis Ross beautiful in pink wearing Michael Kors

Lena Waite wearing a Gay Pride cape!


These are my picks!  They are what made me sit up and take notice or sigh in wonder. I LOVED the choices the actresses, designers and stylists have made. I loved the amazing headpieces. And one more time, I can't wait to see this exhibit. The exhibit runs from tomorrow, May 8th until October 8th. I hope if you're coming to NYC during that time that you make your way over to the Met to see the Exhibit!

...as always more later!








11 comments:

  1. Thank you for grabbing those photos. What a fun post! Can't wait to see your version of the Ralph Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing these. What an amazing theme and group of designers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again thanks for posting your hits. I do love this: I watched the Met gala documentary last night. Some day I need to have a fashion party on this evening.
    I am curious to see how the larger trains are managed and arranged. And since you're going to have attendants to do that, shouldn't they be costumed on point? People are missing a group cosplay opportunity here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - two things. 1 - can you imagine dragging some of those trains around? and B - are you gonna cut the yellow dress as low when you make your version. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And see I think oh to throw that train over my arm and swan around the party! To answer your second question, I just want a long solid yellow shirt dress with a big skirt...I'm interpretation get the look...

      Delete
  5. Thank-you for posting this - otherwise I would have missed seeing all those amazing dresses. I, too, wonder how some of those ladies manage to maneuver around with the huge skirts and trains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally don't follow the Met Gala too closely, though this year was something different! Oh my gosh. I liked those who kept with the theme but disliked SJParker's dress the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I'm not thrilled with what SJP wears either but it was the series of Dolce & Gabbana (does anyone else hear Anne Hathaway's voice from The Devil Wears Prada when you say Dolce & Gabbana?) dresses that I loved! The embroidery, color and styling really got me!

      Delete
  7. I love this post -- thanks so much for gathering these pics! I cannot wait to see the exhibit this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Im a new follower on your blog from gfc ...
    I hope you will be back ...
    www.dlkgzr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the theme this year was brilliant. I know some of the dresses are a bit nuts, but this is definitely the occasion to go all out and embrace the costume aspect of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails