Yes, I made another knit dress! I know I can't believe it either because that makes 4 knit dresses in a row. But when I got home from work on Friday night this knit was staring at me...daring me to take it out and use it. Now you know I couldn't resist a fabric dare...so I took the challenge.
And this is what the fabric became:
TNT dress pattern
2 yards of a border print knit from Elliot Berman
1/2 yard stay tape
9" black invisible zipper
scraps of black fusible knit interfacing
~I changed the neckline on my TNT dress so that it's a lower u-neckline than my normal dress.
~I added 3/4 length sleeves.
~There is a 9" invisible zipper in the back. Only 9" because I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get the dress over my head without it. The center back seams were stabilized by adding fusible interfacing strips to them, making the zipper insertion smooth as buttah.
~The neckline was serge finished, pressed under 1/2" and stitched flat.
~Since the dress was cut on the selvedge, I didn't hem it. Just left it the length it was. However, the sleeves got a 1/2" hemline that was stitched down.
This dress was a very easy sew. I deliberately chose my TNT dress pattern to showcase the fabric's print. It's just a funky little dress to wear to work on casual fridays.
...as always, more later!