I took several pictures of the process because even though the cardigan pattern is a TNT, the fabric dictated that it get some special consideration. There is a lot of fusible interfacing in this garment to give it structure in all of the important places like the sleeve hems, the hem of the cardigan, and the binding along the neckline.
interfacing at the seam hem
At one point I contemplated adding pockets to the front of the cardigan but discarded that idea after I let it sit overnight. I didn't like the idea so much in the morning.
Otherwise, it was a pretty straightforward construct with most of it done on the serger.
The top is a good first make and it will be a wearable muslin. I will make it again because I love the way the neck and the shoulders fit. Although, I still need to do some work on the body because this one was cut too big and I had to take the side seams in alot.
Here is a picture of the collection so far:
Cardigan, top, pants, jacket
skirt and dress
The last piece in the collection is the white shirt from Simplicity 2566 which I will work on this weekend...
...as always, more later!