I did take pictures of various parts of the construction and they are included here. Modeled photos will show up sooner or later...
The neckline was large and stretched out
so I added a basting line to the neckline
Then after pulling the threads, I pressed the neckline
back into shape. This is just one way to do this.
I decided I wanted more houndstooth to show on the sleeve.
Inserting the lining into the dress shell
Adding rayon seam binding to the dress's hem
I had no more black ambiance lining
so I used a steel blue instead
Front of the dress lined
Still need the sleeves added
and the dress hemmed
Back of dress with a curved zipper
that somehow works when the dress is on.
I have a few Christmas pieces that I want to sew...but they are simple and may or may not make an appearance on the blog. Most of the pieces now clamoring to the front of my brain and begging to be made are simple separates. Garments that will go with pieces already living in my closet, so they will probably be quick sews.
I know that my blogging has been scanty of late and this will probably continue through the end of the year. Lately I just don't feel as if I have much to say and since I'm also not sewing, there aren't any blog posts. Just don't want anyone to be concerned if it gets quiet here for a minute, I'm not giving up on blogging just taking some time to recharge.
To all who celebrate, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope it's filled with love, family, good food and afterwards time to sew!
...as always more later!