The only sewing thing I've been doing is being obsessed with The Great British Sewing Bee. The second episode is here if you haven't seen it already...
...and reading every blog post about it that I can get to...
I've listed a few of the blog posts that I thought were interesting reads here...
- Miss Celie wants to be the next host.
- Yes I Like That had some interesting thoughts about the Bee.
- VickiKateMakes post made me think.
- Chanel No. 6's opinion about the elimination process.
- Ann's take on the age vs. experience conversation that's going on.
- Tilly's Recap of being on the show.
- Lauren's missing bits from the second show.
My favorite sewing board, which Ann Rowley is an active participant of, Stitcher's Guild has a wonderful conversation going on about the show, so check that out too.
...and in Great Britain Crafty Magazine has organized a blog tour touting the book that's associated with the show. I found the blog posts halfway through the tour at Karen's blog, Did You Make That. You should check the tour out! Lastly, the book that's from the series can be purchased at Amazon.
That is the extent of my sewing or thinking about sewing for this week, although my GBSB obsession has filled quite a few hours and in my quest to see the second episode as soon as possible, to blow up my work computer! Thank goodness for IT Techs! *LOL*
Hopefully I will finish up the herringbone version of Vogue 1250 and my floral version of Butterick 5147, this weekend. It will be nice to have some new clothes to wear to work next week.
...as always more later!