- Do you touch fabric or a completed garment and it's whole history flashes through your mind? Do you remember who you were with when you bought the fabric? If you had to hunt the fabric down and where you got it from? That happened to me recently and it was such a walk down memory lane...
- I just donated three large garbage bags of clothing and my closet is still tight...*sigh*
- I don't do the yearly purge anymore...you know the if you haven't worn it in a year it has to go. Why? Because I've now sewn some pieces for the extreme hot and cold weather that I only wear when the temperatures are really, really hot or really, really cold - since I don't wear them every year - because of temperatures - why would I donate them?
- Do you wear your new makes right away? I use to all the time. Could barely get them off my sewing machine fast enough to get them on my body. Now, they can sit for weeks before I wear them.
- Which means that I just wore the Vogue 8895 dress two weeks ago although the Optical Illusion dress made at the same time got worn right away...I think it's just the #epicsews that need a time out.
- On this timetable, it will be the end of September before I wear The Smugglers Daughter dress.
- Pinterest is where I learned that my pattern alterations are too simple! Case in point:
- One of my all time popular posts is "Using my Janome 8900 QCP - 10 Months Later". It's interesting because now - 18 months later - I realize that I still don't KNOW it all that well. I'm still learning all of its functions and capabilities.
- I want to sew fall. Yes, it's the middle of August and I want to sew fall. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want summer to end just yet especially since this has been a wonderful summer weather wise. But I only have one or two more summer things that I want to sew...so I'm moving on after that.
- This is the first time in five or six years that I won't have a September sewcation. Things at work changed my vacation schedule so no September sewcation. Don't now how I feel about not having nine straight days to sew yet. I usually sew a large part of my fall wardrobe then - well at least get a good start...
- I already have a few pieces I want to make for fall...with inspiration from Talbots and Lafayette 148...as well as remaking a few patterns that I've recently used.
- I love pretty sewing rooms. Love, love, love them...especially the ones on Pinterest. Recently I saw this one at Bunny's blog and I was enthralled. Her m'amm cave is so her! You can see it in this post.
- Ann of Gorgeous Things recently left a message on my Linings post. Then she wrote a post of her own linking to two of her previous posts on the same subject. You can check them out here.
"An artist knows how good he or she is but can still appreciate the talents of their peers"
That's how I'm feeling lately about my sewing peers. Thank you for challenging me, encouraging me, and leading the way. I have such wonderful footsteps to follow in because you all lead the way so well.
Thanks so much to everyone who has left a comment on my last couple of garments. I appreciate them all so much ~ especially that you take the time to leave them. Thanks for continuing to talk with me...I truly treasure these conversations...
...as always more later!