Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday - A Dress from 2009

I've been pulling garments out of my closet trying to find pieces that aren't loose wearing on me.  I touched this one a couple of weeks ago. I made it in 2009 but just didn't want to donate it because of the amount of work that went into making it.  So it sat in the closet.

After trying it on, I decided it needed to be added back into rotation.  Here I am wearing it now:


 ...and here it is from 2009.


I think it fits looser now than when I made it. *sigh*  At least it will get a wearing this winter and may just hit the donation bag during the spring. I'm starting to think that it's time to stop holding onto things and let them go. Realizing that I'm going to have to sew a whole new wardrobe!

All the construction details are in these posts on the blog. A few more pics of the dress on me now...



Finally a picture of the shoes - these are by AK Ann Klein and are three years old.  I bought them in beige, black and this raspberry color. The beige and black pairs are too large now because I stretched them out wearing them with my heavier feet. Isn't that a nicer way to say fat!?! *LOL* I never wore this pair so another new pair of shoes! Yes!



Next up is Butterick 6142 - a shaped tunic and pants outfit!




15 comments:

  1. isn't it wonderful to sit in your cave and look at all the fabric for your new wardrobe?!!

    i love that waistline embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It strikes me that, of all the people in the world who might love a "must sew everything new" scenario, you are at the top of the list! You have massive stash, you love clothing and fashion (and approaching new styles in your own way), you have a new canvas (which is always good for exercising one's sewing brain). It's all good from where I sit. Really, there's someone out there (or dozens!) who's going to benefit from your former wardrobe so no fear there. Sure, refitting is a bitch (fitting the first time ain't so much fun), but you have time and energy and skill so, let go, I say - and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are working it Carolyn,bravo! Yes, go ahead and donate that dress lady, because it is hanging off your svelte body now, that is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think the dress is beautiful. The collar is s o pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss journey. You are looking fabulous as always. Sewing a new wardrobe should be a fun journey. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing! Just think of all that room in your closet for new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay shoes! The dress is looking good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Part of me wishes you would just alter some of the beautiful dresses you have made. But more of me is exited to see what new (and smaller size) outfits you make! Love the new shoes too! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The creativity, details and hand work that goes into a garment will make it difficult to give away. I've followed you over the years, so I know your closet looks like Salon Z at Saks. Your new wardrobe will be equally as stunning. Your shoes are on point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, those shoes are Divine! They work so well with that chic dress, and you look fabulous as always. I can't tell you how glad I am that you are back in the sewing mode and posting for us to enjoy. A new wardrobe emerging from your stash and the sewing cave will be a wonderful journey and a new adventure. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how about new you, new wardrobe. Surely as you change shape your style of dress may change as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn, you are doing great with your planned weigh loss. I think the dress looks good on you even now. Love that you have a "new" pair of shoes, great color also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I recall correctly last year at this time you were talking about sewing more slowly because you had just so many clothes in your closet and didn't really need more. Now it appears that you have a real need for new clothes for your new shape. Embrace this fact and indulge your vast skills and overflowing fabric stash! I know you will make some fabulous garments!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color is FANTASTIC on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Given some of the gorgeous fabrics you sew with and your wonderful workmanship, might I suggest you offer some of your now too large garments on your blog rather than immediately shipping them off to Goodwill. Some of your followers are "gifted" in the dimensional department and would probably be more than willing to pay the shipping to refit some of your beautiful creations for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails