Monday, June 08, 2015
Lisette #3 and Matching Maxi Skirt
I really did like this Lisette top! The first one was made in linen, this one is actually the second one and it's made in a scuba knit (or at least that's what Fabric Mart called it) and my final one was the black embroidered cotton sateen from the last post.
As you can see I made this one without sleeves and from the altered pattern. I did top stitch all of the seams but other than that there are no new construction techniques to discuss. I probably should have raised the underarm seam a little and will do that the next time I make this. Otherwise it's the same as all of the others.
The maxi skirt is a piece of fabric wrapped around my body and then eased to a 2" piece of black elastic. The elastic is the waistband and is about 10" smaller than my actual waistline. The skirt has a back seam with a slit and is machine hemmed.
I've already worn this outfit to work with a scarf and my denim jacket and it was a winner. So a few more pics...
BTW, this is my new work normal. My office although touted as business casual can sometimes seem a little weekend wear-ish in dress. There are alot of jeans worn to work and I'm so not a jeans girl. I'm still struggling a little with what will work for me but all of the more formal garments still swimming around in my head will become church gear.
You will see a lot more separates and maxidresses sewn here with a few complicated dresses thrown in to wear to church on Sundays. Thank goodness for church so that I'm not sewing things I'll never wear!
I'm no longer worried about donating a lot of the things that I previously made and can no longer wear. My life is changing and someone who could use them should have them!
...as always more later!