Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Miscellany

It's Sunday and while I've been thinking of sewing I haven't been doing much and still haven't taken pictures of the Carolyn Top so instead I'm sharing a few thoughts...

  • Today is the last day of January and in 25 days I will be in Seattle for the weekend! Yes!!!! This time I plan to spend some time sewing with Gaylen and fabric shopping in Seattle.
  • In 11 days, TGIT comes back on and I can finally find out what happened to Annelise on HTGWM, what's going on with Olivia Pope and the Gladiators, but most importantly who the h*ll messed with Meredith on Gray's Anatomy - yes these are my personal friends and I don't care if you believe it or not.
  • I used the last of my VISA gift card for a fabric purchase of ITY knits from Fabric Mart. I posted this picture to Instagram of the new fabrics ~
  •  
  • Oh and I bought a couple of patterns too!
  • So no more fabric purchases until I get to Puyallup and the Marcy Tilton booth where I can touch pieces for myself. 
  • I've decided to make another topper like the last one but with the adjustments I suggested using this fabric ~
  • Toppers allow me to wear a "visible" me-made with RTW which helps me feel a little more like myself! Because it's gonna take years to get back to 90% of my wardrobe being me-made again.
  • It was so cold last week that I was swathed in cashmere to keep warm, so glad the temperatures will be more moderate this week! Will be able to wear more me-made.
  • The grandbabies were here most of the weekend so another reason no sewing was going on.

Hopefully when it calms down this weekend, I will get back into the sewing cave.  There are a couple of things that I want to make before I head to Seattle, so I need some sewing time.  Thank goodness for President's Day weekend!

Did you get to sew this weekend? I hope so!

...as always more later!



12 comments:

  1. I hope you get a chance to hit District Fabric while you're here in Seattle, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandbabies are a great reason to not sew. I don't have any yet, so I sewed this weekend.

    http://badmomgoodmom.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-kondo-moment.html
    This was on my SS15 sewing list. I hope to finish it by SS16.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're coming to Puyallup--and especially glad you'll have a little time to visit Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggone you and your fabricmart ravings! Or maybe thank you, I'm not sure which. Just went and made my first purchase online there and I guess I'll have to wait and see. I think they should give you some affiliate pay. I'm suggesting that if there's a place on their 5 dollar survey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too funny! However, I'm not the only one touting Fabric Mart's wonderfulness...there's a little group of Fabric Mart disciples spreading the good news! hahahahahaa!

      Delete
  5. I have always wanted to go to Puyallup - Lucky Girl! can't wait to see what fabric you find a the Marcy Tilton booth - again Lucky Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I don't lose my mind...her booth was so amazing last year!

      Delete
  6. I will be at SewExpo on Thursday and will save the good stuff for your weekend visit! It's going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Thursday? Not the weekend? Isn't this what happened last year too?

      Delete
  7. My sister lives close to puyallup and we have never gone fabric shopping. She not a sewist and has no interest in it . On my next trip for a visit I will make that trip. Love the knits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to Puyallup - lucky you! Have fun! I look forward to reading about your adventures over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious haul of fabrics and patterns! And that black and white for the topper has really great visual interest even before you see the little peek-a-boos of red. Totally craveworthy! Cindy, Creative Hormone Rush

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails