Saturday, March 31, 2018

Carriage Corners Sew Camp 2018 - Part Two

After Friday at Fabric Mart and lunch out...everyone headed back to the B&B to sew.  As mentioned in the previous post, sewing machines were either already set up or were just being set up and sewing lasted at least until midnight.


One of the things that I really like about Sew Camp is that you sew at your own pace and time.  Since I roomed with an early riser, Kisha was downstairs early every morning getting her sewing in.  It's also probably why she finished four garments during Camp! 

Me, I'm a late riser and have to drag myself out of bed to make it on time to breakfast (served promptly at 8:30am) because I like to sew late into the night. I think there was an even mix of early & late risers at Camp this time!

Besides sewing, there were so many conversations about fitting, sewing tools & construction and life & politics.  Some of the conversations were heavier in nature and some just made us laugh and laugh.

Here are a few pics of the fitting that occurred between campers:

Andrea discussing how to draft darts in patterns ~



Andrea fitting LaQuana's Ogden Cami to Gaylen ~


Cennetta fitting the Concord Tee to LaQuana ~



Cennetta checking LaQuana's shoulder seam ~


Bernice and Coralee sharing a technique ~


Also here's a link to Kisha teaching me the burrito method.  Cause I've tried and tried to figure it out by reading the instructions and always got lost! Now both shirts made at Sew Camp have the yoke burrito rolled.

...and where was I? Ummm I really was being the social media director between sewing my own projects, of course! *LOL* I just wanted to share with you the camaraderie, the knowledge that's shared, the unlimited time to sew at your own pace, and the wonderful atmosphere of the B&B.

Which leads me to the schedule of the next Sew Camps at Carriage Corner.

There is one more CarriageCornerSewCamp Weekend scheduled for 2018 and the date is:  Friday, September 14 through Sunday, September 16, 2018. 

If you are unable to make that one, these are the dates for 2019:

March 29 – 31, 2019
June 20 – 24, 2019 – this one is 4.5 days
September 20 – 22, 2019

Some of the feedback that Gaylen received from this group of campers was that it could be a little longer.  To accommodate that she added a June 2019 Sew Camp for 4.5 days. Honestly quite a few of us have already signed up for the 4 day June event and for this September also. I will be attending the September 2018 and June 2019 Sew Camp, I mean if you care! LOL!

If you’d like more information about Carriage Corner and the Sew Camp Weekends please send an email to:  hello@carriagecornerbandb.com and Gaylen will add you to their mailing list.  Or you can call or text Gaylen at 717-768-3059 or send her a direct message through Instagram with your email address. 

See multiple ways to reach out or schedule a weekend at Sew Camp. Personally, I hope you will attend because it's a wonderful way to spend a weekend!

My next posts will be about shirts...lots and lots of shirts!

...as always more later!


13 comments:

  1. With a September birthday, I’d love to gift myself a Sew Camp! Thank you for sharing these pictures. It’s so obvious everyone was enjoying it tremendously. At this point in my re-entry into sewing, I would be ecstatic if someone fit ANY garment to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time had by all! Thanks for sharing about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on the "burrito" method. Foolproof results EVERY time! Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this post, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a wonderful weekend, and an experience I won't soon forget. New and old friendships were forged that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good to see you again and can't wait for September when we will do it again!

      Delete
  6. OMG this looks so much fun.... I love to try and make one of the 2019 events!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate your sharing! It was such fun living vicariously through you. And that yoke burrito method is enabling me to move forward in a UFO shirt! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you! For agreeing to meet up with me way back when, for being a dear friend and encouraging this crazy idea of mine and for being my 'social media manager' when I just can't manager to get it all together! I had a fabulous time during sew camp - I love the connections that were made and can't wait to see you all again. g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew camp was terrific and I was so pleased to be relaxing and sewing and fabric shopping with such a lovely and talented group of women. I'm so happy that Gaylen had this idea to start these sewing retreats and that I have been able to participate.
    Carolyn, thanks for the great write-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished up a 3 day ASG SJersey sewing retreat. Its a great way to meet new sewing friends, share ideas, and I completed 3 tops, a jacket, two double end pot holders and microwave bowls for gifts while there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails