1. I've really been on a floral/print kick lately! You would think that I don't work for a professional place with a pretty strict dresscode!
2. I went to the garment district on Tuesday to buy bias binding...I got this instead:
Yeah, I know...more fabric! But at least I only bought this one piece (2.5 yds/45" wide ~ cotton pique with a touch of lycra) from Parons. And oh yeah, I did get the bias binding.
3. Which of course brings me to the second version of B5620...I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it. When I read Jo Ann's comment about a seam down the front I got pretty excited and thought that might be a good idea...but once I got home a skirt seemed like a good idea too. So I have no idea what I'm doing with this fabric. Yeah...that's the way I'm thinking of it now...as fabric.
4. The introductory price that fabric.com has on their Liberty of London fabrics expires July 6th. I know there's been some discussion on why you would purchase these and why they are so expensive...I mean besides the fact that they are exported from London. This is the description from the fabric.com website:
"This Tana Lawn is finely woven, light weight and ultra soft, which makes it perfect for flirty blouses, dresses, lingerie, tunics, tops and more."
I would have to agree. This is some of the softest, nicest cotton that I've ever worked with and I'm not really a cotton dress wearer. Plus there is the fact that Liberty of London is one of those fabrics I've always wanted to own and use. I've already placed my order for the last two pieces that I was going back and forth over. I just wanted you to know that the price is going up to $32.98 per yard on July 7th! Oh and you can't use a coupon with it now...*sigh*...but there is free shipping for orders over $35 in the U.S.
5. Not to leave my beloved Fabric Mart out of the fabric goodness news. Did you know that they marked all the trendy fabrics 50% off?! Seriously, they did! I don't know how much is left...but surf on over and see what might want to come home with you cause I'm leaving this sale alone...*LOL*
6. Can you really talk about fabric and not talk about patterns...McCalls released their autumn patterns (Really? They released fall patterns in June during the first days of summer!?!) there were a few cute ones but I kept thinking what the heck happened with the Vogue patterns? I was sure that new Vogue patterns would emerge from the back rooms at Vogue this week, so I was a little blindsided when autumn McCalls patterns showed up instead! Seriously, am I that off in the rotation!?!
7. Can't find a June Burda anywhere in the city. And my newsstand guy is telling me that he's having some issues with GLP and deliveries! GLP if you're listening can you release the chokehold on the issues...I ain't ever gonna subscribe and you're missing out on all the visiting sewists to the garment district during the summer!!!
8. I started working on the jacket of the jacket/dress combo. You would think that I picked something dowdy and pro-fessional to work with right? You would be wrong. Like I said earlier, I've been in a floral state of mind...so here's a sneak peek at the jacket...
Gawd, that pattern matching isn't looking that great.
Gonna have to work on that!
9. Thanks for the interesting comments & discussion on "The Other Side" post. It was nice to get a variety of opinions about the Connie Crawford patterns. I also want to thank everyone for expressing their opinions and for being very civil about it. I truly appreciate it! But if anyone has a picture to share of their success with this or any of the CC Butterick patterns...please feel free to leave a link to a picture in the comments. There are quite a few of us that would like to see it and applaud you on your success!
It's the weekend! Thank goodness! So I will probably work on the jacket/dress combo and hopefully have something to share before the weekend is ovah!
...as always, more later!