I was digging around in the fabric closet and found this great piece of cotton/lycra sateen. It was 2 yards long...long enough to be a dress but lately I've been shying away from dresses made from this fabrication. But the fabric was fun, bright and summery so I figured a 4 gore skirt would be perfect for it.
As you can see here:
It works well for what I wanted. The skirt is made from my TNT 4 gore skirt pattern and it was easy to make because I constructed it almost entirely on my serger. Did I tell you how much I'm loving my serger these days! Especially since I've finally gotten the hang of threading it!
A few days before I'd made another straight skirt from the leftover beige tropical wool from Butterick 5598. I cut it out at the same time that I cut out B5598 and it was getting in the way because I kept moving it around my cutting table and bed whenever I started a new project. So I thought it would just be easier to sew it up than to keep moving it around...so here it is with a RTW tank top and cardigan.
There is nuthin new to the construction. It is a basic lined skirt with an invisible zipper and a button/buttonhole closure on the waistline. It will be fine for a summer work day...professional without being banker professional...y'know what I mean.
Tomorrow, I'll show you the wearable muslin of Butterick 5620...as always, more later!