In that post I said that I would show how I made the changes to the sleeves and the process is below.
The sleeve was cut out. Then 2" was cut off of the bottom. Next the piping was basted onto the sleeve, 5/8" from the edge.
A 2" long by the width of the sleeve strip of the black and white polka dot fabric was cut. The edges were serge finished.
A picture of all the parts prior to stitching them together.
Pinning the strip to the sleeve with the piping attached.
Stitching the pieces together using my zipper foot. Sewing right next to the piping to enclose it in the seam.
Embellishment stitched to sleeve
Band folded in half. Pressed flat and pinned.
Topstitched the piping close to the seam
Finished sleeves showing piping and black n white polka dot fabric
I've made these types of sleeves before on other dresses because I think they add an interesting element to them. I hope this process will help you add this embellishment to one of your future garments.
...as always more later!