After making this dress in January 2012, I've worn it only once or twice. Mostly because the fit in the sleeves and armholes is a little wonky. Not too wonky to wear every once in awhile but not very comfortable either. So I decided to remove the sleeves and remove the stress.
...and now it's back in the daily rotation and looking even more like the Erdem designer original from his Resort 2012 collection. An hour or two of work and a renewed dress.
Adding bias binding to the armhole
Topstitching the bias binding down
The sleeves after they were removed from the dress. I wanted to show them because of the way that I lined and hemmed them. This is using the Nancy Zieman method of lining a sleeve. I don't use it often but when I do I love the effect.
A few more views of the dress ~
Side view of the dress
I've included a back view even though I realized after
taking these pics that I'd forgotten to iron the dayum thing!
...as always more later!