First fitting of the dresses
There will be separate posts for both dresses, detailing all of the sewing information, after the event. But five days in one dress done and one almost completed and I decided that I needed to do a Intro Post because there is sooooooo much information regarding the construction of both dresses.
Here are a few pictures that I shared on Instagram of the dresses construction.
I finished Aleena's late yesterday evening. During the day, I hand stitched the zipper in, added the hook and eye to Sammy's, so they're both hanging & ready to be picked up.
One quick note ~ this is an easy pattern to sew. As usual I complicated the dresses by my fabric choices and choosing to use the best sewing techniques I know. I wanted the girls dresses to not look homemade and thrown together. I wanted them to be as special as the event calls for.
I will have a lot more to say about each dress in the next couple of posts...as well as my own dress...which I've finally decided upon AND decided that I need another trip to the garment district for fabric. The drama never ends! *LOL*
...as always more later!