At first I was going to put it in the donation pile. After some thought I decided to recycle the zipper and the skirt portion. The bodice was tossed. I was having a Myosotis moment and decided the skirt could be used for another one.
I pulled out some leftover white linen (I love my fabric collection!) and cut a bodice, a collar, undercollar and short sleeves. Then I put the pieces in my cut pile. Somehow, it got lost under the other garments in the pile. I found it recently when I was moving things around in the Sewing Cave. Since I was on another Myosotis riff, I thought now was the perfect time to finish it off.
However, as I constructed the dress, I made some changes to it.
o The collar, undercollar and short sleeves were omitted.
o To finish off the neckline, I turned it down 1/2" and topstitched it flat.
Now I fully admit this was lazy.
o I was doing some somersaults in my head on how to make a bias binding facing that would clean finish the neckline.
o I decided I wasn't sewing couture so this was good enough.
o The armholes are bound with white bias binding from the notions collection.
Supplies Used ~
1 yard white linen
2 yards white bias binding
3 5/8" white mother of pearl buttons
Interfacing from Farmhouse Fabrics
Everything was already in the sewing cave. It just needed to be rounded up and used. May I say yet again how much I love my fabric & notion collections!
A Few Pictures ~
I feel like I'm finally adjusting to this #sewstayhome situation. I've stopped working against my natural body rhythms and just going with the flow with everything. It's made it easier to get through my days and it's put my sewing into prospective...which I've been doing more of lately.
The grandkids were here with their Mother and there's only so
much social distancing you can do with little people!
Another dress comes to the blog next...
...as always more later!