Thursday, June 16, 2022

Altered an Oldie But Goodie - No. 2

I said in my last post where I altered a shirt that I would be redoing more pieces in my wardrobe. There's so much initial work in them and the style still works in my wardrobe so I'm loath to donate them.  This is one of them...

I made this Myosotis dress back in 2018.  It was the second one I made. As you can see because I was still using the original pattern details.

This is the dress now...

There were two challenges with it.  The bust and the sleeves both were tight. I took the dress apart and loosened the side seams on the bodice. It gave me an additional inch and a quarter. 

Then I recut the skirt taking off 17" to make it more tunic like. 

I remade the sleeves using the top of the remaining fabric from the skirt. The original sleeves had white topstitching on them to echo the white topstitching on the bodice front. I omitted that this time.

Otherwise, it was a one day project. I tore it apart watching a movie Friday evening and put it back together Saturday afternoon.

A Few Photos of it now ~





However, after taking these pictures, I will not be wearing this out and about.  It will be a house top. While I made the sleeves larger and shortened the skirt, there just wasn't enough fabric to widen the bodice and it's so obviously pulling in the front and back. I may yet use the embroidered piece to make shorts for the granddaughters. It was a good effort to salvage this top but it's not quite there...


...as always more later!




7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. Too bad it isn't comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful love it wish it had of worked for you. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a great refashion, even if it’s from some thing self made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of that fabric still. I think it is a gorgeous border print. Glad you could refashion this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - I'm really thinking about making the granddaughter some shorts out of the embroidered peplum part. I tried to save it and it's not comfortable so Imma let it go!

      Delete
  5. What about leaving the front unbuttoned and putting a white tank top under it, it’s my go to look when shirt is too tight in the bust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great remake. Am looking forward to seeing more..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails