Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A Resurrection or Simplicity 8875

 Back in June of 2022, I declared this dress dead.

After said declaration, did I trash the dress?  No, I did not.  Instead I stuck it in a drawer with a few other UFOs.  If you've been following me for awhile, you know I didn't use to have UFOs.  I worked that garment until I either got it to fit or it was tossed only if I felt it was unredeemable.  Now, I have a UFO drawer.  Things are there that I'd worked on but just couldn't discard the fabric once the garment was started.

I was rambling in that drawer and came across this dress. I loved this fabric. Had hunted a fabric like it on several websites, finally found this one at StyleMaker Fabrics.  Extensive alterations were done to the pattern pieces to get it to fit my larger body. One of the reasons I abandoned the project was because I didn't like how close-fitting the dress was.  Well I'm a lot smaller these days so I tried it on again. Y'all it now fits like I wanted it to originally.

So, while on my May sewcation, I completed the dress.  Now all of my pattern alterations and observations were recorded on this post. This new post is just to share the finished dress that was finally photographed on me when I worked in the office this week.

A Few Photos:


A little twirl so you can see the movement in the dress



I'm thrilled that I saved this dress but especially thrilled because of the fabric.  My summer dress wardrobe looks so different now than in years past. I'm so happy about that. While I only work in my officetw o days a week, it's nice to have new looks to wear again.

There are a few more completed dresses from my July sewcation that need to be photographed and shared.  As soon as I can arrange more pics they will make their way to the blog.


...as always more later!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails