Friday, September 04, 2009

I'm prepped and ready!

It's 10:30 Thursday night. I just got home about an hour ago...stayed late at work to clean some things off my desk so that I could leave between 3 and 4pm tomorrow!

I am sooooo pumped and ready! I have a semblance of a plan...well the list has about 17 items on it and I KNOW I can't make all of that in 10 days especially since I have plans to hang out with friends one day...and I need to head off to the hairdressers another one of those mornings...

But after that...I'm JUST SEWING! I'm staying up late and sewing! I'm sleeping in and then I'm rolling out of bed and onto my sewing machine chair and sewing! I will probably brush my teeth but I can't guarantee any more than that! *LOL*

So in preparation for the great sew-in...I went by Elegant Fabrics today and bought 13 yards of ambience lining...can I just take a moment to say that I love ambience lining. I had forgotten how wonderful it was because I've been using this cheaper but nice polyester lining. However, the last time I purchased it, I could tell that they had changed suppliers because it was just horrid. That yardage went into the bag of fabric that will be donated to the local high school.



I also bought this lining...it's a polyester lining but it was just too kewl to pass up...


I also stopped by Daytona and bought a passel of invisible zippers (yeah I can insert an invisible zipper now!) and some rayon hem tape for the projects...so I'm prepped and ready! I'm just waiting for tomorrow to come...to finish off a few things at work and clean off my desk (which will be covered when I return) and leave work until September 14th!

When I get home tomorrow, I will clean off my sewing table...watch a little CSI Miami and relax because Saturday will be fabric prep, cutting out and altering patterns for the great sew-in. Can I say it again...I AM SO EXCITED! And I'm prepped and ready...




34 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! I'm practically clapping with glee!

    Be sure to take pictures, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I have a DH free weekend next weekend (not that he stops me sewing you understand - but you know...) and I have plans already - to have 10 whole days to do nothing but sew (and clean you teeth Lol!) would be heaven.

    Can't wait to see your garments either :-)))))

    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, Girl! Nothing can stop you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel your excitement from here! Hope all goes to plan - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the comments above, I also felt pretty enthused and excited by your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. So much time to sew. Wow. I wish you a happy sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You are going to have a great week! Enjoy.
    Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for you, too! I have started using Ambience lining myself, and I agree with you--it is wonderful! It is hard to use anything else when you get used to that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours is my idea of a vacation. My DH would not agree. High Five on mastering an invisible zipper. I will just keep trying. BTW I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to, I know there will be lots of progress reports, can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo! 10 days of sewing - what bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A plan is a wonderful thing. I just stocked up on invisible zippers when I was in the city Wednesday. I can't believe how much cheaper the same brand is without the packaging!
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you have no one to really stop you, too. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its great to have a plan, isn't it? You will be so productive, and have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun! I can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very excited for you. It seems that you have a very full day planned. I see that organization is very important for you. I wish that I could be so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your 10 day vacation! I have GOT to get to the city. I'm drolling over your fabrics and notions. I'm going to have to plan a trip next year.

    I can't wait to see your final projects. Have a safe and happy Labor Day.

    CarlaF-in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have tons of fun on your vacation! Can't wait to see your vacation "souvenirs"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can feel your excitement Carolyn! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How wonderful to have such a great break away from your work and lots and lots of time to sew. A perfect vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope everything goes has planned for you.....Have a happy sewcation

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so happy to hear someone who feels the same way I do when I get time off to just sew. Friends and Family think I'm crazy. Its like an adreneline rush. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy sewing! I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  24. And she's off! Have a super sewing vacation. Can't wait to see the fruits of your labour, I mean vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Let the Great Sew-In begin! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so excited for you too. Oh what great posts are in store for us diaryofasewingfanatic fans.Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That lining is really pretty. I hope to get some quality machine time in, too! Have a lovely vacation; can't wait to see your 17 creations LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a wonderful sewing vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoy your creative opportunities to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Enjoy your week of sewing! Color me jealous, and I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Have fun! You have made peace with invisible zippers, I see. Because of your success, I'm inspired to try make peace with knits.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your sewcation sounds great! I also enjoy ambiance lining; up here it's often called bamberg. It makes garments so comfortable

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails