...or pieces 7 and 8.
Both dresses are made from my TNT dress pattern...but there are several differences besides one has short sleeves and the other is sleeveless.
3 yards rayon seam tape
1/2 yard embroidered ribbon from M&J Trimmings
2 yards of lace for the lining hem
2 yards of ambiance lining
At first I was just going to make a sheath dress to go with the "Missoni-like" green cardigan. The skirt, dress and cardigan would have worked together to make mix and match pieces. Somewhere in the cutting out process, I changed my mind. I decided that I wanted a stand alone dress. Something distinctive and with a little voom especially since I'm planning on making quite a few sheath dresses this fall/winter season. That's when the sleeves got added back onto the dress. Then I started playing around with a ruffle on the front of the dress. After a few options were tried and discarded, I realized that I really liked the selvedge edge of the fabric. So two strips were cut, sewn together, gathered and then basted to the front of the dress.
And that is piece 7 or another day at work...