Friday, July 16, 2010

Afternoon Delight - Part Deux

Okay I knew Monday afternoon that I would be back at Kashi's this afternoon.  I'd been conversating with Omega about her trip to NJ/NY and we had agreed to meet there.  It was just coincidence that I ended up there twice in one week...

First the obligatory Kashi photo:

Kashi, me, Omega, Altheia and Sheila

I found out earlier this week that Sheila would be joining us too...and I'd had such a good time with her during PR Weekend that I was sooooo glad to see her again.  She was just as amazing a fabric shopper in Kashi's as she was in Jomars!

So when I got there...having come from my day job...Omega and Altheia already had made quite large piles! There was some serious fabric shopping going on here folks!  Remember I was just there on Monday and they found stuff that I hadn't seen then!  I know they took some pics of the fabric combinations that they put together and I hope Omega posts them because she bought the most fabulous orange silk crepe...wait I have to take a moment and catch my breathe because that piece was so damn fine!

Then we talked Sheila into this gorgeous silk...girl you better use that piece just like you imagined...hold onto it until you find the perfect lace for it!  So you would think that after all that fun that I would take myself back to work right?  Nope, I took them over to Daytona Trimmings (you know of Project Runway fame) and got them settled before I went back to work.

Altheia, me and Omega

Ladies, I had a fabulous time and almost called my job and told them I wasn't coming back!  *LOL*  Thank you for bringing a bright spot to a week that was ending badly!

16 comments:

  1. sounds like a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love when you share your adventures with us. THANK YOU!

    And it's fun to see the other blogs I read on your blog visiting NY. I want a trip to NY too and see Carolyn. :)

    We need to have a blog convention in NY to get the whole gang together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome to be able to meet up with other sewers! It must have been a fantastic afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new skirt with the yellow twinset...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun afternoon. Don't you look fabulous in that blossom skirt and yellow twin set. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good time was had by all. I gotta get to New York :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely smile you have. Mine always looks pained in pictures. Yours looks so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun meet up by the sounds of things. You should be on commission for that place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had an AWESOME time with you, Alethia & Omega and spent the better part of my evening caressing my fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabric shopping meet-ups are really fun. I love reading about them and I love being part of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all look fabulous and like you are having a great time. I am so jealous of all you cool girls who work in the city and can take mini-vacations in the middle of the day to go fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all look just thrilled to be with each other and fabric shopping. What a lunch hour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like fun was had by all. On a different subject; I'm old and the white on black is challenging to the eyes - any chance of a change?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I'm getting mighty jealous of all of these sewing blogger meet-ups! Come on, you know you ladies want to come out to Los Angeles and visit the fashion district out here, right? Right?

    Btw, thanks for confirming why my ears were ringing on Friday. Hope it was good stuff. Ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you guys had big fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails