Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buckling Down

...I have this one weekend to buckle down and get a few things made.  Next weekend I have some social engagements so I will have a limited amount of time to sew.  However, this weekend the stars have aligned...it's going to rain today...children are gone so the house is quiet...and I have a huge block of time to just sew...so I'm going for it!

Of course, The Architectural Dress will be hemmed this weekend.  I also want to make a quick straight floral skirt from a linen that's been sitting in the collection for a few years now. This will be one more thing to come off of my "A Few Things I want to sew for Spring" list...which probably should have been titled spring & summer, but oh well!  And by quick, I mean, no lining, no zipper, just an easy elastic waist pull-on skirt that can be worn with a tank top and a ltwt cardigan.  It is soooo hot here in the Northeast with the temperatures predicted not to go below 88 degrees F this week.  

Thankfully my wardrobe had four all-cotton work dresses that made an appearance this past week in the 100+ degree heat.  The other piece that was worn this week was this black rayon/linen tank dress that I sewed back in 2006:


Actually, the post that shows this dress, Fashion Shots, has several garments in it that I'm still wearing...AMAZING!  But I digress, the black tank dress was sooooo comfortable that I'm making another one this weekend in the red silk crepe that's been sitting on the cutting table for weeks now.  Haven't decided whether or not to line it...I'm thinking not...but I'll see during the construction process.

The final dress that I want to make this weekend is Simplicity 2958 - which is out of print now. 


I've had it in my collection for forever and I ran across the inspiration picture the other day so I moved it to the front of the line.  I'm going to use a cotton pique that I bought during the Philly PR Weekend with some pretty glass buttons. 

Hopefully since all of these are pretty easy sews...I will have them sewn up this weekend.  It will be an all sewing weekend here at Casa de Sewing Fanatic...

...as always, more later!

20 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend, can't wait to see the final garments. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels great to have a weekend in front of you and no plans other than sewing. Have a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great sewing weekend, and keep cool! I love the new pattern that you are wanting to use - is the neckline detail with the buttons a "reversed" facing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that black sheeth with that adorable polka dot jacket!!! Enjoy your day at the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so working that outfit... a picture of pure Fashion Fierceness.... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so chic with the wide brim hat. And I have that simplicity pattern on my sewing table right now. Want to make the jacket and pants in a blue linen. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so elegant in your black/white outfit. so enjoy seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you didn't melt in that heat! Yikes, what a crazy intense heat wave.

    I really love that polka dot jacket in the picture- it looks so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, how stunning the black dress with b/w jacket... I have 4 yards of black linen rayon all washed and ready to go... I guess now I know exactly what to make! I even have a BIG black hat! thanks so much for your never-ending inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great sewing weekend, your black dress and jacket are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you look fierce in this picture. Go ahead DIVA!!! LOL! Have fun cranking out the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are working that outfit, it looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you just look at that hat, woman! You are reeking style and elegance. Can't wait to see the AD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honey, you flat rock that hat! Love the jacket, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Work it! What a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your outfit. What pattern is the jacket. It's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We've had some ridiculously hot weather here in LA, too. My plan of wearing skirts and dresses exclusively this summer is working out quite well. ;)

    I've already mentioned how much I love tank dresses, so another version of the black tank dress gets a big 'ol thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this picture. You are Vogue"ing" that outfit. Work it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails