Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Falling off the wagon

I was fine...really I was!  I mean I was even surfing the internet fabric sites and had NO and I mean NO desire to purchase anything.  I got tripped up by fellow blogger, yeap...it's Adrienne's fault!  *LOL* 

Y'all know I've been experiencing an extreme case of borderprintedness...and when Adrienne posted this piece, I just had to have it...especially when she made it so easy by sending me the link and telling me the cost $3.95 per yard.  But I was strong...I bought just this one piece:


Then I went to Metro Textiles and usually I can get out of there without purchasing anything when I'm with a group of people...but once again a fellow blogger got me caught out there!  This time it was AllisonC.  I've had two yards of that fabric for over a year.  I was just going to make a shift dress with it, with the black portion of it being the body and the border up at my bustline.  Then Allison used it the other way and it made think of a Sophie Theallet dress that Michelle Obama wore last year, and I needed more yardage.  So on Tuesday, I bought 3 additional yards:


Finally, by the time I made it back to Metro Textiles on Friday, there was no will power left and when I walked in and saw this lightweight stretch cotton by the door...I just had Kashi cut me three yards.  It's so darn hot here and another tank dress made from this with a orange cardi will be great.


So that's how I fell off the wagon.  I didn't buy a lot of yardage and still haven't seen anything on the internet fabric sites that I must buy yard upon yard of...but there are 9 additional yards here that need to become something and something fast!  *LOL*

Ladies, I would like to thank you for the inspiration and I do appreciate you sharing your finds with me! *smile*

...as always, more later!

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Carolyn! You don't happen to have the link for that black/white polka dot, do you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what a great way to fall off the wagon! I always love your fabric picks. Your stash cupboard must be a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're preaching to the choir here, gal! And Lord, give me a chance to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so bad! No willpower at all. What are we going to do with you? You need a 12 step program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops sorry about the enabling, but the Michelle Obama dress will be fantastic in that fabric. Just watch out for the placement of the signature in the border when you cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really not your fault - there are so many treasures to be found in Metro Textiles - who can possibly resist?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great fabrics! That border print is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some great fabrics. I love the first one with the large polka dots. Border prints are great. I love your blog. I don't always comment, but I do always read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ok to fall off that wagon it's a good wagon..lol... I fall off all the time, pick myself up and start all over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you picked out here. I'm going to Mood today to look for linings for a windbreaker I'm making for Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel myself falling off a wagon... b/c I am still thinking about that brown/beige border print silk at Kashi

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look like wise purchases to me. How can that be wrong?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, it really wasn't that much fabric! Besides, they're great pieces and will transition you nicely to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You realy didn't fall very far IMHO. You fell for some beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ms. Carolyn, You made me chuckle. All of the pieces are gorgeous and none of it will go to waste. You are a great designer and I love watching you work. Enjoy the fabric. It's okay to loose the will power every now and then.

    Happy Sewing!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are too funny! Love it though. I can never bring myself to purchase off line. I will drive an hour just to feel the fabric. I see you found some beauties though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Borderprintedness?" I think I have that disease, too! The collection of such is growing ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, stunning fall :-)

    love the border print and that stripe is to die for! Will look amazing as a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It would have been very rude to leave these behind. I'm so glad you have such lovely manners! ;-) These are beautiful...I can't wait to see them made up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so fabric challenged here in the West Michigan area...that I so look forward to your Fabric Find Posts! It's a treat to my eyes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait, you're not going to tell us where you found that $3.95 border print??? Must.stop.buying.fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am glad that you fell off the wagon (LOL) because now we will have the pleasure of seeing those new creations of yours. Love those border prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know the feeling remember Friday...LOL! It's a good thing we don't worse vices like drugs or something, we'd all be sitting up in jail with....LL (ya'll know who I'm takin' bout)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carolyn, you're killing me here. I was going to see Kashi yesterday but held back. I love the fabric you got!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHA, I'm so glad I don't live near NY! LOL I would NEVER not purchase fabric lol. Not ever lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I fully support this. You got some pretty stellar pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are gorgeous fabrics! I would gladly fall off the wagon for fabrics like those!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails