Wednesday, July 07, 2010

What I should be doing...

What I should be doing is working on finishing the hem on "The Dress"...

What I'm doing instead is thinking of my next project...*LOL*  It's Wednesday evening and even though its a shortened work week for me, these two days have been chock full of projects because the office was closed on Monday.  And since I'm not buying fabric now (30 days fabric free ~ and sorry Elizabeth that I keep enabling you!) I'm dreaming of new projects to make.  Saturday seems closer this week than in other weeks and I just want to dive back in and sew something new, different, and not as time consuming as The Architectural Dress.

Speaking of said dress, the hem on the dress has grown another inch...and it's puckering at the front side seams.  So I'm going to have to rip the seams out, cut the pleated piece off and stabilize the seams as I sew them back up.  Why I didn't remember this step from the last time I made a bias front dress, I don't know...maybe it was all those d*mn pleats getting in my way!  *LOL*!  But since these will be the last steps, I'm okay with that.

I did try the dress on again last night...to see if I could see it's specialness...but I think I'm still too close to it.  Those pleats that took 3 bobbins of thread are still mocking me...causing me not to see the beauty in the dress.  But since I've experienced "Project Exhaustion" before, I know I will get over it.  I know that in time it will become a beloved garment, too!

I'm headed off to read a new book...just wanted to put a little space between this post and the last.  BTW, thank you for all of the support and for understanding that I try to be very tolerant of vendors who provide materials to sewists.  I really don't want any of them to fail...however, if you lie to me...and are mean to me...all whilst taking my money and treating me like I don't matter...then I must put you on BLAST!

The pictures sprinkled throughout the post are some "epic" dresses of the past...some that tried my patience...some that used similar pattern pieces...all from my TNT dress pattern.

...as always, more later!


15 comments:

  1. I love the epic dresses! And I am always thinking of the next project...keeps me going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink dress is just wonderful. Pink is a great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the epic dresses!! Having just embarked on an epic dress of my own...I hope that it turns out as well as yours do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreement with everyone else about the dresses. Hey, it's okay to take a night or two off. Relax and read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you posted pictures of all your epic dresses. So cute! I love all of them, but especially the reddish one with the waist detail. But I have to admit, I am anxious to see the pleats from hell dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pick is the plaid, but they are all rather stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all of your dresses. Some I know have been trying for you. I think we start thinking about the next project before we have totally completed the one we are on. Keeps us going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous lady, such beautiful dresses! And, like you, when I come close to the end of one sewing project, I'm already thinking about the next one (or two)! Next up for me is a third (I must be nuts) version of the "Allyn" dress . . . a more casual version, out of blue denim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I can relate to working on new projects instead of finishing something else. I love your dresses, and your photos, and your smile...and the beautiful family portrait of our first family in your sidebar. I am off to explore the rest of your blog...I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your term "Project Exhaustion" and may (will) have to steal it from time to time. It fits so many situations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can feel your exhaustion and it wasn't my project. Sometimes one needs to take a little break and before you know it viola - another beautiful creation. I love the epic dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite, tho' it's not easy is the pink one - it is so sweet yet not sweet, if you follow my drift - your continual reinvention of the TNT is sooooo inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I've BTDT with the Project Exhaustion!!! You get to a point where you just.want.it.done and will find things to do other than finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally been there with Project Exhaustion - where you're just ready to get on to the next thing already. I'm sure a little distance and you'll find that you love the architectural dress. Just give it some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails