Here is what the dress should look like...
This is why I'm discouraged....
The dress is way too tight...even after I've taken out every seam and sewn them with only 1/8" seams.
The neckline is too low unless I take up 2" from the shoulder which of course changes the armhole so that the sleeve won't go in it...and the square of the neckline is too wide. Linda, now I understand why you had issues with the neckline on your dress.
All I can think is thank goodness I didn't add piping to all the seams or I would be ready to kill now. So my choices are do I trash it and kiss two days worth of work goodbye? Or do I find a way to make it work?
My first thought was to cut a new center front piece which will give me some additional room. Then after further thought, I realized that if I give up the jacket idea...which doesn't feel like such a bad idea right now...I could not only recut the front piece but I also could recut the center back pieces. That's a lot of work especially since I've already cut out the lining pieces and the invisible zipper would have to be removed & reinserted! Dayum, dayum, dayum!
Now I know why there are no reviews on this dress on PR because it is a beyotch to sew. I'm going to give the jacket up. There is too much hand work from putting the piping in the dress for me to toss it...*sigh* Now to see if this solution will work...but I'm only giving it the rest of this evening...if it doesn't shake out by then...I'm moving on.
This is why I sew TNTs...
...as of 1:22am, I think I've resolved the issues...there will be no jacket. The fabric for it went to saving the dress...which isn't done. There are still several hours worth of work to be done to it before it will be finished but as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day!"
...as always, more later!